It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you risk your life for your pet(s)?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
You will always hear stories about how pets will often risk or give their lives to save the lives of their human masters, but not too long ago I read an article of a man giving his own life to save his dog from drowning in a frozen lake.
So this was brought to my attention, would I save MY pets from certain death?

Well I believe that I would because I adopted them into my home and they are technically my family. I call them "my little babies". Regardless, I doubt I'd give it much thought if I was placed under such circumstances, I think I would just react and try to save it no matter what.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
No, they're on there own in a life and death situation.

I could see jumping into water to save a drowning person, or running into a burning building to try to save a child. But for me to risk my life for a cat or dog would just be nuts.

Sure I've heard the stories of "Man Drowns Trying To Save Dog", and all I do is shake my head and think of nominating them for a Darwin award. In one case in Toronto a man jumped into a swollen creek to rescue his dog, the dog swam ashore further downstream only to be left with no owner because he died in the attempt.

Don't think of me as cold and uncaring, I just think the survival of a member of my species is more important than any other. As much as I love and care for my cats I still consider them to be emergency rations and would eat them in an emergency.......

new topics

join