It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Need to Get Their Damn Priorities Straight!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This is messed up.

seattlepi.nwsource.com...

The cannon shot that ripped into Brett Karch's leg, causing a gaping combat-style wound, has also torn a hole in his hometown community of Snohomish.

Karch, whose leg was nearly amputated and who faces more than a year of physical rehabilitation with an uncertain outcome, has been the target of physical threats because of fears his injury will jeopardize the community's tradition of firing the ceremonial cannon before each high school football game and after touchdowns.

If this had happened to a football player, you can be sure he would have been airlifted to Harborview," said one parent of a ROTC member, who asked not to be named for fear of reprisals. Brown, too, was shocked and later angered by the apparent lack of concern for the seriousness of Karch's injury.

This is MESSED UP. These people need to get their priorities straightened out.

It's a freakin' game. There's a kid who gets his leg damn near blown off, and all you care about is the stupid game?

Then, as if that wasn't bad enough, you threaten him while he's in recovery at the hospital, and tell him he's not welcome in town - because your crappy little cannon blew up on him?!

These people have their heads up their rears, and should be informed of this fact, lest they think that acting in this fashion is normal or acceptable.

I say ban the cannon AND ban football in that godforsaken town, until the tools residing there can learn what's really important in life.

His friends wouldn't even come see him for his birthday, or visit him in the hospital. What the HELL is wrong with people?

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

DITTO!

I say ban the cannon AND ban football in that godforsaken town, until ..

... until forever. Those frigg'n idiots aren't bright enough to be trusted with a cannon.

His friends wouldn't even come see him ..

They aren't his friends. Hell ..they barely classify as human as far as I'm concerned.

What the HELL is wrong with people?

They are _____ starts with "f" and ends with "wads".

I wish the main stream media would pick this up and run with it. I'd love to see them nail that town from one end to the other .... non stop. Those animals deserve even worse than that.

[edit on 12/21/2006 by FlyersFan]

new topics

join