It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alignment of Ancient Cities and Wonders

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I was watching a documentary awhile back on the mystery of Angkor Wat and and of course it brought up the topic of astronomy and that the city was aligned with many other ancient places around the world. Well I just did a little research on the net and this is what I found. What do you think?

Easter Island is exactly aligned along a straight line around the center of the Earth, with the Nazca lines, Ollantaytambo , Tassili n'Ajjer and the Great Pyramid of Egypt. Other world wonders that are within one tenth of one degree of this alignment include: Perseopolis, the capital city of ancient Persia; Mohenjo Daro, the ancient capital city of the Indus Valley; Khajuraho, the temple city of the Chandela empire in central India; the Oracle of Zeus-Amon at Siwa; and the lost city of Petra. The Ancient Sumarian city of Ur and Angkor temples in Cambodia and Thailand are within one degree of latitude of this alignment.

The alignment of these sites is easily observable on a globe of the Earth with a horizon ring. If you line up any two of these sites on the horizon ring, all of the sites will be right on the horizon ring. 3-D world atlas software programs can also draw this line around the Earth. Start on the Equator, at the mouth of the Amazon River, at 48� 36' West Longitude; go to 30� 22' North Latitude, 41� 24' East Longitude, in the Middle East, which is the maximum latitude the line touches; then go to the Equator at 131� 24' East Longitude, near the Northwest tip of New Guinea; then to 30� 22' South Latitude, 138� 36' West Longitude, in the South Pacific; and then back to 48� 36' West Longitude, at the Equator.

home.hiwaay.net...

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Interesting,

is this the previous equator? or something similar to it.

seems to be more than chance that all of these places would lie on that locator.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Its possible I guess im sure the ancients had their own idea of navigation around the world.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Very interesting, indeed.

If there has been some sort of shifting of the planet's axis, as some have theorized, perhaps this line represents the equator of that time period. Is there any physical evidence to support the shifting axis theory?

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 01:16 AM
link   
thehippiedude,
At a site that I frequent alot, you may want to do a search on 'key' words pertaining to this there. I remember reading a variety of threads on this there....you could perhaps bring some of the information back to this topic to help explain its meanings.
Good topic tho.

The site and link to the forums would be:
www.grahamhancock.com...

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I've often thought that the ancient people or the ones from the advanced society that inhabited the earth first left us clues to many thing knowing that their society would or could end. Perhaps this is one more of them. Edgar Cayce said that the answer to all our question about mankind is inside a room built under the paw of the sphinx. They have found that there is an open space the size of the room described by Cayce, unfortunately we can't get to it yet.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose
I've often thought that the ancient people or the ones from the advanced society that inhabited the earth first left us clues to many thing knowing that their society would or could end. Perhaps this is one more of them. Edgar Cayce said that the answer to all our question about mankind is inside a room built under the paw of the sphinx. They have found that there is an open space the size of the room described by Cayce, unfortunately we can't get to it yet.

I'd bet that the room (if it existed) was found a long time ago and has long since been cleared out of anything useful by either the Egyptians, US, or Nazis. The US and Germany would have used the info either for WWII or to bring us to our current level of technology. Egypt doesn't want anyone to get access to anything that might show that they didn't build the monuments at Giza themselves.

The fabled Hall of Records, holding all of Atlantis' knowledge, would (if it exists) be the greatest find of all-time, and would likely hold the information to so many questions that we find ourselves asking in this forum.

There would have to be some explanation of a connection between all of the mysterious megalithic structures around the world. If there is no connection, then I'd say there probably is no Hall of Records though. Just my personal thought on that one.

Anyone up for a little B&E at Giza?

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   
the sad thing is that if there was a find that explained anything relevant to the world of past, we would never know

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
the sad thing is that if there was a find that explained anything relevant to the world of past, we would never know

If something earth-shattering were to be discovered at Giza, and it conflicted with orthodox Egyptology, Egypt would squash it.

If something useful about some lost secrets of technology were discovered, there would be more than a few governments lining up to squash the story to keep those secrets out of "the wrong hands."

All of the world is about keeping the status quo intact where history is concerned. Change isn't just slow -- it involves glacier-like speeds for acceptance of new finds and new ideas.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Hehe. Always find it quite fun that people are amazed by these alignments. Remembre that most of these sites are alligned with the Sun and the stars. Most of them are Sun temples. For instance nearly all pyramids in the world is cituated within 30 degrees of the equator where the Sun is in zenith sometimes during the year. Not very strange when you think of this. I see nothing strange with this.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Do some research on "lay lines" and you may find a lot more on this...

Ancient people were more in touch with the mystical world, and the practicioners of such abilities, could easily sense places of power....(or where there are tears in the fabric of reality, so to speak)... That is why these places were chosen...is because they were such places...

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikromarius
Hehe. Always find it quite fun that people are amazed by these alignments. Remembre that most of these sites are alligned with the Sun and the stars. Most of them are Sun temples. For instance nearly all pyramids in the world is cituated within 30 degrees of the equator where the Sun is in zenith sometimes during the year. Not very strange when you think of this. I see nothing strange with this.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

as interesting and wishfull all the other ideas are. the simplest one is in no doubt the answer. This would be it.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing

There's a book I'd love to recommend called "Forbidden Archeology" by Michael Cremo. He documents findings by archeologists that have been marginalized by the scientific community because those findings don't fit into their paradigm. For instance - rock walls, a mace, jewelry, discovered embeded in coal deposits a mile deep in Africa.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehippiedude

This may be a line that marks one side of the wall around the New Jerusalem, since some of these buildings are undoubtly built by the hands of humans. But we don't know on which side the City will come down. The bible says: "Him whom the rock will fall uppon will be destroyed."

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Most likley the ancient people traveled and trated with each other and knew of South America. It must of been their own navigationg system so the ancient people built their big cities on the line so trading would be esier.
Just a theory.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   

This may be a line that marks one side of the wall around the New Jerusalem

Im sure the Bible is reffering to New York. Thats where I live!
The great city.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Not to discourage a very interesting theory, (this is all guesswork) but if you tilt the globe to its current axial inclination, the line theory doesn't work. If viewed with an axial inclination of 0, the line theory doesnt work. In order for it to have to work, these sites would obviously have to be on the same latitiude - and they obviously aren't. In fact, you can line up ANY combination of cities, river deltas, etc with this so called 'horizon ring'. Why? Becasue in each of the four pictures, the world is tilted the same inclination meaning the horizon (line) is constant.

[Edited on 5-2-04 by xenophanes85]

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Very interesting and informative site indeed. Lots of information. Hmmmm.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I saw a documentary on this subject last month (might have been in the Secret of the Pyramids video) where someone proved that all significant ancient sites were indeed in a line drawn round the earth but the line was 100kms wide to be fair. Still intriguing though.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I heard on a tube video someplace that this is indeed the ancient equator and that the earth's rotation has shifted. This shift caused "The Great Flood". I do not know if that is true. But it would make since why this circular route around the world vs any other one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join