It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester United: Beckham - keane will make a top manager

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
will keane be a good manager?

England captain David Beckham believes that Roy Keane has what it takes to become manager of Manchester United one day.

Although Sir Alex Ferguson has laughed off reports that he has already named Keane as his successor at Old Trafford - former United star Beckham thinks the Irish star is perfect for the job.

"I can see Roy Keane making a great manager," Beckham told The Sun.

link

TRD

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'm not so sure, he can't control his temper for one thing and is an arrogrant twat!

Sir

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   
There is alot of talks about it and mixed reactions. I don't think he will be that good to be honest. He will have too many bust-ups with the players, as far as i know he has no coaching skills. He will most prob have an experienced guy in the background guiding him along if he did get the job, like Dalgleish had Paisley helping him along when he was at Liverpool at the same sort of age.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
am wondering why beckham has spoke up about this, is it something keane is planning shortly.

and that he will make the manager of man utd? i dont think any of the board would gamble with him, maybe he could get a role as a coach or something but thats it.

i remember world cup 2002 i think it was, keane and mick mcCarthy, keane wanted to be the main man and thought he was bigger than the team and he got booted out, he will always create that sort of atmosphere.

hehe. ferguson throwing or kicking the boot at beckham ages ago, you can imagine keane throwing fists lol.

i think cos of his name, he will get a job as being manager, but i dont rate him as going to be a good one

Sir

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   
As long as Martin O'neil is in management, Fergie will still be the manager untill they can prise him away from Celtic.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Beckham got involved because he had no reason to be in the paper that week so thought he could get his name involved by talking about something that he doesn't need to.

Not sure on Keane, he is very solitary and aggressive. Not the best combo for a manager. I think he will get alot of peoples backs up.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Keane?

I don't think he would fit the job at all. He might make a good coach and pass on great stuff to the younger generation, but a high profile club like Man United? He would boil over....

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Definately not for Utd, I was thinking more of a manager in general somewhere else. Would like to see how it works out.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I can't see him in management, he could end up decking a player lol!

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
haha! it would be funny if vieria ends up a manager in 10 years time, and those 2 arguing as managers

am i thinking too far ahead

Sir

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Heh maybe...

It's hard to tell how he would turn out as a manager, i guess we'll have to wait and see if he trys his hand at it. As i said before i don't think he will be able to do it but you never know.

new topics

top topics

join