It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester United: Sir Alex's Gerrard desire

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted that he would enter the bidding if Steven Gerrard was made available by Liverpool, but the Scot feels there is little prospect of luring the midfielder to Manchester United. Old Trafford supremo Ferguson has held a long-standing interest in Gerrard as he believes the England international would be the perfect replacement for ageing Red Devils talisman Roy Keane.

Keane is in the twilight of his career at Old Trafford and Ferguson has been scouring the market for a replacement for some time. The likes of Kleberson and Eric Djemba-Djemba have failed to take their opportunities and it would appear that Gerrard is Ferguson's favoured option to take on the baton from Keane.

Skysports

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
the guy has tremondous energy in him in getting up and down the park like keane used to have. he scores great goals too. i cant see man utd getting him. if it ever came to him leaving i think real would be first on him.

TRD

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
All depends on who offers the money as to where he would go. I don't think Liverpool would be happy selling him to Man U but he would go if the price was right. With all the money Real have been spending and they havn't been doing that great makes you wonder where they will get the money from.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
i think if it ever really came down to a bidding match then chelsea are gonna beat even real madrid at it. Fergie might be retired by the time gerrard wants to leave liverpool lol

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Get real! There's about as much chance of me being an Olympic gold medalist as there is of Gerrard going to Manure. He would NEVER go to that club and they know it, Fergie admitted as much himself a while ago.

There's a true story that goes like this...

All the Liverpool players where in the canteen at Melwood, when on the TV Sky Sports reported (this was over a year ago) that Manure where going to make a move for Gerrard...the entire room burt into hysterics...

Gerrard hates the scum, he'd never go there.

new topics

top topics

join