It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester United: Giggs view on contract

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
ryan giggs says he aint asking for 'the world' in terms of a new contract

"We are not banging on desks and slamming doors," said Swales.

"We are just waiting for the gentlemen in grey suits to get back in touch with us.

"Ryan isn't asking for any more money and he certainly doesn't want to leave Manchester United. If he had his way, he would stay with them for the rest of his career.

"What he does want is a two-year contract and I don't think he is asking for the world.

"Ryan is fit and dedicated and you can't buy the kind of enthusiasm he has amassed.

"We have got on well with the board at United and long may that continue. But just at the moment, the ball is in their court."

link

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
He just doesn't deliver anymore and has always had injury problems, at this point in his career a 2 year contract is actually a large gamble and I'm sure they're waiting to see if they can find his long term replacement before making a decision. Best to make money off him whilst they can really...

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
big Rio is saying offer him the contract, we need him in the team

Rio Ferdinand has urged Manchester United to find an agreement to keep Ryan Giggs at the club.

Giggs is currently struggling to find an agreement with United over a prolonged deal - with his desire to be handed a two-year extension causing consternation at board level.

However, Ferdinand believes the in-form winger is critical to the club's aspirations, and has urged them to find a compromise that keeps him at Old Trafford.

"I would not let Giggsy go and I am sure any other player in the team would echo what I have said," said Ferdinand.

"Gary Neville said you should not have to justify the importance of Ryan to this club and I can only agree with that.

"Giggsy is on fire and nobody should have to justify what a great player he is.

"He is probably the most decorated player in English football and is still doing it now.

"Some people have been going on like he is over the hill but he has probably been our most consistent performer this season.

"Players like Ryan don't come round all the time but he is still here, still producing the goods week in and week out."

sky sports

TRD

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
He has been playing really well lately. I still think Giggs is too good to leave out of the side but as Nada said maybe it's the right time to cash in on him why they still can..

I bet Fergie is screwing Chelsea got Robben from under his nose now lol!

top topics

join