It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester United: Fergie 'chelsea aint got the experience'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
man utd manager alex ferguson believes chelsea dont have the experience of winning when it really matters, and for this reason might not win the leauge

"We know it will be a hard task for us to catch Chelsea," said Ferguson.

"But we also know that they don't have the experience of winning games when it really matters in The Premiership.

"That's what anyone going for the league will tell you.

"Teams have to live through that and come out the other side still in one piece.

"You don't know until you get to that period how you will react. How often have we seen chances go out the window in March with some teams?

"Only ourselves and Arsenal have the experience to cope with that."

TRD

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
More mind games by Fergie?

They have the experience alright, some seasoned pro's with a blend of youth. A very good manager and internationals playing, aswell as a bottomless pit of money.

You telling me they can't win?

Fergie needs to STFU the old windbag!

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
i agree with you on that 1 TRD,

they might not have won the league since 1955 i think it was in england, but at there team now. there no reason why they cant. jose mourinho has been amazing,

ino some people think he arrogant and take a dislike to him for it, but i think he a good manager. winning the portugal league and uefa up in his first season, then champions league and the league again in the following season. he built a great team there. who havent really been amazing in the champions league in previous campaings, but he got them to win it.

hes on course for the league too. maybe fergie though they will lose against arsenal. we are with a chance again and chelsea get a good point. keeps them top with a nice gap

TRD

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Yeah for sure, i backed them at the start of the season to win it.

Ranieri built the foundation and Mourinho is laying the final stones. The team has started to come together and have you noticed he isnt changing they side too much now. They look a much more settled side and with Robben in the side now they are looking much better. No doubt they will dip into the transfer market in January, what i feel they need is another striker. Not only to add competition, but they need a 25 goal a season man.

I think a couple of midfielders will be shown the door soon aswell.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
yer, i think he has too many midfielders,

a quick look at some of them he has,

duff, geremi, makelele, cole, lampard, the russian guy who played for portsmouth, parker, tiago, and robben i think he can play as a winger

and prob a couple more i aint mentioned,

with the strikers though, it looks like crespo will go to milan, that leaves them with gudjohnsen, drogba and kezman, drogba and kezman where good goalscores at there other teams but havent quite banged them in yet.

i thought a defender might be signed.

TRD

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Parker, Geremi and possibly Makelele may go.

Well they have been linked with Robinho and numerous others so it will be interesting to see who they do get.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
heres a question for you TRD,

you where saying about Ranieri laying the stones and Mourinho coming in and finishing them off. do you think if Ranieri was still in charge they would be top?

TRD

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Well thats a good question.

I thought he was quite a good manager but sometimes he got his tactics a bit wrong. He bought in some good players but i think alot of them was more Abramoviches choices rather than Ranieri's. No one really knows what went on behind the scenes but maybe he got a bum deal and wasn't really in full control as a manager. They did try to use Ranieri as a scapegoat thats why i think he wasn't in full control.

I heard a few rumours, one being that he gave a list to Roman of the players the he (ranieri) was after. Roman crossed off the players than Man United or Arsenal wasn't going after, then the players that wasn't expensive and went with the rest and added ones he wanted to buy. Also getting whatshisname from Man U, kenyon? didn't help as he made the club buy Veron.

Ranieri has since left and done a good enough job. I just think the setup at Chelski gave him a raw deal.

So if he was still there would they be as good. Yeah i think so as they was going to sign Robben all along and the players Mourinho bought in havn't been that outstanding. Ranieri wasn't given time for the circus to settle down and they may have shipped him out of the door too soon. Not dissin Mourinho as i think he is most prob the best manager they have had in quite awhile.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
yer, the kenyon moving from old trafford to stamford bridge was a strange one, and so was the veron signing, he wasnt doing that well at man utd yet chelsea splash out on him

the relationship between ranieri and roman wasnt good, i think now that Mourhino is in, Roman seems to get along with him better

top topics

join