It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester United: Rooney targets Champions League glory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Wayne Rooney has targeted a Champions League triumph to mark the end of his first season at Manchester United.

The 18-year-old enjoyed a sensational European debut last week, scoring a hat-trick in the 6-2 hammering of Fenerbahce.

Unfortunately for United, he could not maintain that form on his Premiership bow against Middlesbrough on Sunday when a 1-1 draw saw the Red Devils slip nine points adrift of defending champions Arsenal.

Old Trafford boss Sir Alex Ferguson remains confident his side can claw back the Gunners lead, while 18-year-old Rooney has set his sights on even more lofty targets.

"I want to get some silverware this season,'' the former Everton star told the Manchester United magazine. "There is no reason why we can't win the European Cup with the squad we've got.''

Nothing much you can say about Super Roon other than superb!
Europe might be a realistic possibility for Man U, the competition really suits them and their style of play.

TRD

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Rooney is going to be a legend on the field and hopefully not in the bed of brasses...

I think they can have a great run in Europe now that they have most of their players back.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
He 'allegedly' likes the old ones as well! Go on the boy!!

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
yer, i think on there day, man utd could win it, but i think there a few other teams, who really need to go out prove themselves too, real will badly want to win it, i think juventus too, under the helm of capello, barcelona look really strong and ac milan will want it back

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Madrid are shocking, think Barca will do well though.

TRD

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Madrid need a big shake up for sure.

Milan will go far and so will Barca. If the Man U players stay fit and Rooney and Nistlerooy really click then they have a great chance.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I'll be bold and state that they will win it this year.

TRD

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeflonDon
I'll be bold and state that they will win it this year.

I don't think you will be far off, they should make the final at least.

new topics

top topics

join