It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More repugnant criminality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Group asks Justice Department to investigate alleged bribe attempt in Medicare vote

The Justice Department said Thursday it would review complaints from political watchdog groups that Republican House leaders tried to bribe Rep. Nick Smith, R-Mich., to vote for a Medicare bill.

Smith voted against the bill despite what he described as threats against his son, Brad Smith, who is running for the House seat his father is vacating next year.

Nick Smith said his own party's leaders offered money for his son's campaign if he voted for the bill and that they threatened to support other GOP candidates for the seat if the congressman voted against the legislation.

"Bribes and special deals were offered to convince members to vote yes," Smith wrote in a Nov. 23 newspaper column.

Mark Glaze of the nonpartisan Campaign Legal Center said if the allegations are true, House members violated a federal law against bribing public officials
www.sfgate.com.../news/archive/2003/12/04/national1939EST0800.DTL&type=printable

When does it ever stop. The criminality! The illegality. The repugnants ALWAYS commit crimes Its maddening. It seems like tyhis stuff goes on everyday!:shk:

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
and he has also backpedaled on his accusations that they tried to bribe him and threaten him...

guess you miss that small yet highly important piece of news huh colonel?

nothing to see here folks...just another colonelized thread...
have another drink colonel, you arent in enough of a blind rage yet.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   
This isn't just a republican thing man. The corruption runs deep in both parties we need to kick them the hell out.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL
This isn't just a republican thing man. The corruption runs deep in both parties we need to kick them the hell out.

dont bother telling THEM this...although its nice to see someone else saying the same things i've been saying.

and any time now colonel will accuse you of being a repugnant, bout time will accuse you of being wishy washy middle of the road (basically a wimp) or someone else will simply come along and generally deny and/or dismiss your assertion that both sides do the same things, only the party they hate does these things is what some/most will claim. colonel being one of those good sheeple who believes only ONE party does evil and the other party can do no wrong in his eyes.

i think its high time everyone raised their standards towards both parties and let it be known we dont want THEIR candidates, we want candiates that will work for us, not themselves or their own damn party.

or get rid of the two party system all together and let the political system be a free for all, not like it can really get any worse!

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   
good piece ThePrankMonkey Looks like your down with the clown
lol. A good start would be passing a law so no special interest could give money to elected officials and no corporations. Also limit all money to 100 dollars and no pledging money in someone else�s name. That would mean no more #ing tv ads
It would also get Israel the heck out of politics period. The reps would be for the people not for a foreign country and enron.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL

Well said

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
and he has also backpedaled on his accusations that they tried to bribe him and threaten him...

That's because DeLay the Bug Man probably muscled him like the low degenerate cro-magnum thug that he is.

But, let's see more of the how these filthy criminals operate......

DeLay's Fundraising For Charity Challenged

Two campaign finance watchdog groups complained to the Internal Revenue Service yesterday that House Majority Leader Tom DeLay (R-Tex.) is using a tax-exempt charity as "a scheme . . . to allow him to raise and spend unlimited 'soft money' funds for political activities" during the Republican convention next summer in New York.

DeLay plans to hold a series of convention-week fundraising events for Celebrations for Children Inc., a charity for abused and neglected children. A 13-page brochure describes the benefits that donors would receive depending on the size of their gifts to the group.

The complaint by Democracy 21 and the Campaign Legal Center alleged that "DeLay, Republican officeholders and candidates and Republican party officials will receive systematic opportunities to meet and network with wealthy individuals, corporate officials, lobbyists and other donors in an inherently partisan political environment. . . . They will also have opportunities to solicit contributions from these donors for the 2004 elections."

"Representative DeLay is using the nation's charity tax laws and the pretext of helping children as a cynical cover," said Democracy 21 President Fred Wertheimer, one of the two complainants.

The brochure declares that the Aug. 31 "Late Night Party promises to once again be the hottest ticket at the GOP Convention . . . this event will top the Blues Traveler and Lynyrd Skynyrd parties of 2000. Featuring a big name national act, yet to be announced, the show will be held at the legendary Hammerstein Ballroom."

www.washingtonpost.com...

There is not a scummy enough toilet to flush the bug man down on th is planet. It just doesn't stop! Using abused and neglected children as a FRONT to scam money for your thug party! How low can the repugnant go! How much of a degenerate must the repugnant be before the people wake up? Spending the money for the poor kids to schmooze on some yacht! YOu repugnants disgust me to no end. You "people" are contemptible, vile, ugly, and soulless.

I wouldn't give 10 cents for 100 repugnants...

[Edited on 5-12-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey

That's because DeLay the Bug Man probably muscled him like the low degenerate cro-magnum thug that he is.

But, let's see more of the how these filthy criminals operate......

DeLay's Fundraising For Charity Challenged

Two campaign finance watchdog groups complained to the Internal Revenue Service yesterday that House Majority Leader Tom DeLay (R-Tex.) is using a tax-exempt charity as "a scheme . . . to allow him to raise and spend unlimited 'soft money' funds for political activities" during the Republican convention next summer in New York.

DeLay plans to hold a series of convention-week fundraising events for Celebrations for Children Inc., a charity for abused and neglected children. A 13-page brochure describes the benefits that donors would receive depending on the size of their gifts to the group.

The complaint by Democracy 21 and the Campaign Legal Center alleged that "DeLay, Republican officeholders and candidates and Republican party officials will receive systematic opportunities to meet and network with wealthy individuals, corporate officials, lobbyists and other donors in an inherently partisan political environment. . . . They will also have opportunities to solicit contributions from these donors for the 2004 elections."

"Representative DeLay is using the nation's charity tax laws and the pretext of helping children as a cynical cover," said Democracy 21 President Fred Wertheimer, one of the two complainants.

The brochure declares that the Aug. 31 "Late Night Party promises to once again be the hottest ticket at the GOP Convention . . . this event will top the Blues Traveler and Lynyrd Skynyrd parties of 2000. Featuring a big name national act, yet to be announced, the show will be held at the legendary Hammerstein Ballroom."

www.washingtonpost.com...

There is not a scummy enough toilet to flush the bug man down on th is planet. It just doesn't stop! Using abused and neglected children as a FRONT to scam money for your thug party! How low can the repugnant go! How much of a degenerate must the repugnant be before the people wake up? Spending the money for the poor kids to schmooze on some yacht! YOu repugnants disgust me to no end. You "people" are contemptible, vile, ugly, and soulless.

I wouldn't give 10 cents for 100 repugnants...

well its not MY party to begin with and as many times as i've said that i'm not a republican nor conservative you still act as though i am. they are no better or worse than democrats and the same holds true for the democrats. you're only half blind to what goes on in political arena, maybe you should open your left eye and see what "the other side" does and start condemning them as well. your consistency is lacking once again. then again one cannot lack what one never had to begin with.

the fact still remains he backpedaled on his accusations and regardless of whether he was being threatened or not the truth wins out every time. why back down if you're in the right? sounds like pretty good logic right?

then why did he packpedal? two reasons, A) the accusations were false or B) he has something to hide they are holding over his head. either way its politics as usual, both sides have done this before and will do so in the future.

there is one other possibility, he's a wimp. a man who doesnt stand up for what he believes in falls for everything from being pushed around so often. in which case he is of weak moral fiber and not worthy of representing his people.

either of us can spend all day on here finding article after article showing criminality from either party but what does it do? nothing much if we continue to vote for these people. showing their faults does nothing in the long run. then again you do defend the democrats making you part of the problem, not the solution.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm telling you, these unholy repugnants BY DEFINITION are criminals. Let's look at the videotape...

RIGHT-WING � MEMO THEFT: Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT) "initially ridiculed" allegations that a member of his staff stole strategy documents critical of the President's conservative judicial nominees � suggesting that "the memos had been turned over to the news media by a 'conscience-stricken'" minority staffer. But last week he announced: "It is with deep regret I must report today the interviews conducted to date have revealed that at least one current member of Judiciary Committee majority staff had improperly accessed at least some of the documents." Hatch's admission and acceptance of responsibility come in contrast to the White House's refusal to take any responsibility in the Intimigate controversy in which officials leaked classified information outing a CIA officer's name.

www.americanprogress.org...

Democratic leadership may be soft but they do NOTHING like what these animals do.

[Edited on 6-12-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Two words Colonel:
DEMOCRATIC MEMOGATE!!

All I need to know.....its apparent that the Dem's are seeking to divert attention away from MEMOGATE so that the "boat" don't take on anymore water than it has......I can almost hear them 'boys' howling: ABANDON SHIP......

By definition:

Bet on it!

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Memogate? What the hell is that? Nothing. Just some BS from a repugnant. Let's look at some REAL criminality:

DECEMBER 8--A Los Angeles woman who came forward during the California gubernatorial campaign to accuse Arnold Schwarzenegger of previous instances of sexual harassment today sued the Hollywood star, claiming that he, an aide, and his campaign smeared her as a convicted felon when she made her charges. In the below Los Angeles Superior Court complaint, former stuntwoman Rhonda Miller charges that the Schwarzenegger camp told reporters that she had an extensive rap sheet, a dirty trick meant to discount her credibility when it came to the harassment charges. Miller claims that the Schwarzenegger smear began an hour after she made her charges public, with campaign spokesman Sean Walsh sending journalists an e-mail directing them to the Superior Court's web site, where they could access Miller's lengthy criminal history. The felon in question, however, was a different Rhonda Miller. (8 pages)

www.thesmokinggun.com...

I swear. Everyday, a new piece of of dung repugnant is getting in trouble, getting caught by the FEDS, is getting sued, is getting arrested, is in court, is going to jail...

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Ummm, this one Colonel....you know...the one you and your side kicks didn't have much to comment about besides "beat around the BUSH" and "skirt the issues"....you know...that one?

"MEMOGATE. The TRUTH about Democrats revealed!"
Link:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yep...that one.....your posting and articles perfectly exemplify the Democratic "art" of continued "skirting of issues" and attacking elsewhere so that the heat backs off and the average citizen forgets all about the matter....excluding one....me!

"I swear. Everyday, a new piece of of dung repugnant is getting in trouble, getting caught by the FEDS, is getting sued, is getting arrested, is in court, is going to jail..."

Wow.......isn't it amzing that "everyday" the 'trash' is brought forth on Democrats, as well?

Wake up!

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Just b/c people on the intelligence committee are using info they learned to nail Bush? So what! It will show the American people that he's been dickin' around! It will answer this..

1) Bush has been fighting the survivors of the 9-11 families since the investigaton began.

2) Bush has hidden the 28 pages of the 9-11 report. Why is he hiding those pages anyway?

3) Members of his staff (Rove) leaked a CIA operative, ending the lives of countless assets who tried to defend this country and intimidating those that would want to defend this country.

No, I don't see a problem with this at all. I think the American people should know....finally.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Waitaminit. This is from Sean Hannity? I'm not even gonna talk about this anymore. You ought to be ahsamed of yourself bringin that crap in here.:shk:

new topics

top topics

join