It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liverpool: Diouf - Campo swop deal?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Liverpool are reportedly trying to negotiate a swap deal that would see El-Hadji Diouf join Bolton permanently and Ivan Campo move to Anfield.

Diouf, who has been on loan at The Reebok Stadium since the summer, is serving a three-game ban after admitting spitting at Portsmouth's Arjan de Zeeuw last weekend.

Reds manager Rafael Benitez has already hinted he does not want Diouf back at Anfield in light of his latest indiscretion and given the fact that he has badly underachieved since his £10m move from Lens 18 months ago.

The striker is thought to be available for as little as £500,000, though Benitez is known to be keen on Campo and is considering a cash-plus-player deal which could see Diouf and £600,000 head to The Reebok in exchange for the former Spain international.

The 30-year-old former Real Madrid player is one of the star performers at Bolton and although he operates largely in midfield at The Reebok, Benitez would like Campo to arrive as cover for central defence.

Bolton boss Sam Allardyce would be loathe to lose Campo, and would like the player to see out his contract at The Reebok which lasts until 2006.

Sportinglife

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
am very suprised at this one to be honest. i think diouf, his time is up at anfield and has flopped there. and what a deal though. available for 500k. and he moved to liverpool for 10. i guess they really want shot of him and the spitting incident again wouldnt do much to boost there confidence of the player

not sure if campo is the quality liverpool are after though. he aint the fastest player and you look at liverpool.alonso and gerrard in particalar are full of energy. it says it would be cover for central defense though. i think this would spell the end for henchoz

TRD

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I would swop him, Campo is a very good defender and can play in midfield and Diouf is pretty shyte...

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
am not sure whats happened to diouf, he looks great in that senegal team. and he aint producing the goods. campo didnt look great at the start but he has adjusted and is using his experience well. i think it was rodney marsh who called him a fat pub player or something? but he has really proven his worth. would campo want to leave you think?

top topics

join