It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Ham United: Hammers in for McNamara?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
i read this one today, Celtics Jackie McNamara has been linked to several teams down south and one of them is West Ham. I think the other teams are sunderland and WBA

i hope he stays at Parkhead as he is versatile and always puts in a good effort. Hes been playing left back for quite a while now and that aint his natural position. But he can anywhere in the back 4 and in midfield holding position too.

TRD

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Can't say i have seen him play that much but from what i have seen he is ok. We need a left back badly so i wouldn't be surprised if we did make a move for him.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Can't say i have seen him play that much but from what i have seen he is ok. We need a left back badly so i wouldn't be surprised if we did make a move for him.

hands off
lol

yer. thats what i thought about you needing a left back, i cant see him wanting to go out of the Strachan era and he played his testominal a few weeks ago

TRD

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Well if he has had his testimonial then there is no reason for him to stay..

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
hehe.. yer, he was supposed to have sat down with Martin O'Neill but since hes off the talk of him and new contract has been quiet. Strachan will be in and asseing all the players. But, if we sell him then we need to replace him, and i dunno who we could could get to do that

TRD

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Are we missing out here or something? He has signed for Wolves today...

Thats a couple of players we have missed out on and we got a late start due to teh play-offs. All Pardew has done so far is give a couple of players new contracts. Wheres all these players we are meant to be getting?

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Wolves have completed the signing of Scottish international Jackie McNamara.

The 31-year-old has turned down the offer of a new contract at Celtic and has now left Glasgow after ten years at Parkhead.

"It was a big wrench to leave Celtic after ten great years and it was particularly disappointing with the way it all finished," McNamara told a press conference.

source

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
to be honest with you, like i said, hes good and tries his heart out, but maybe the Premiership. week in and week out, he wouldnt be the best if you know what i mean.

and yer, thats a few players you have been linked with. Am sure deals are going to happen though,

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
hes saying we took to long, he quoted as saying sometyhing like

McNamara

i didnt ask for lots, and i wanted to stay, if the club where as commited to me as i am to them i would be staying for more years to come. I was half way on my journey to leave when they phoned with an offer but its too late[/qoute]

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Jackie McNamara has aimed another swipe at Celtic, claiming they are trying to turn the club's supporters against him.

The Scottish international quit Celtic earlier this week to join Wolves in acrimonious circumstances.

McNamara rejected a new deal at Celtic to leave claiming the club did not do enough to keep him.

source

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
He is better at right back anyway, not what we need at the moment.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
how is he doing for Wolves, havent heard a thing about him sicne his move down South

top topics

join