It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Ham United: Harte in Hammers link

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I think this would be a great move if it happens, Ian Harte whos at Levante is being linked to West Ham. He has the class and experience in the Premiership and has proved himself to be a good player. IMO he would sure fill that left back spot.

Ian Harte has hinted that he is looking to stay in Spain despite Levante's relegation from La Liga.

The Republic of Ireland international has reportedly been attracting interest from West Ham and Sunderland but insists he is content in Spain.

Following their drop from the top flight, Levante are looking to shell their squad of the highest earners - with Harte's three-year contract thought to be a problem.

Source

TRD

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
No chance, he is staying where he is, in Spain. He can't tackle, is slow... Don't want him lol!

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
i dunno. there sounds like there is some truth in it, if they do need to save money it would make sense to punt him. I think even a small bid, maybe even 1 million could tempt them to sell.

i remember him having a good free kick, and a good left foot. I thought he was alrite at that Leeds team

TRD

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Harte is saying he won't leave and won't take a wage drop, so i guess he will stay where he is unless they can sell him. They paid a bit for him and his wages are high. Thats why West Ham won't sign him...

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Levante cant be any bigger in Spain compared to what West Ham are in England.

It sounds he just wants as much money as he can get though, he was strongly linked to Celtic before he moved to Levante aswell

TRD

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
He was on a huge amount at Leeds and Levante signed quite a few players to try to stay up and his wages are pretty high. Unless he is prepared to take a huge drop in wages he won't be comming to West Ham.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
yip, i think the signed Johan Mjallby from Celtic, he was the Swedish Terminator. and he must have been on a fair bit.

i think when they went up in the first place, they had expectaions they where going to do well and they aint lol.

top topics

join