It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea: Chelsea set for Torres move

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Chelsea supremo Roman Abramovich is understood to be lining up for a renewed bid for Atletico Madrid starlet Fernando Torres.

Abramovich first made a move for Torres in 2003, just after he had acquired the West London outfit.

Atletico, though, have stood firm - also rejecting offers from Milan and Manchester United over the two seasons, all of which were around the 40 million euros (27 million) mark.

Chelsea are now ready to go back to Vicente Calderon and offer them Romanian misfit Adrian Mutu, plus an estimated 35 million euros (24 million) in cash.

Atletico are loathed to lose Torres - who is their skipper and undoubted talisman.

Torres has never shirked from his commitment to Atletico's cause and 42 goals in just over three seasons is a great return for a 20-year-old.

link

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
big transfer happening back in that side of london again then, he would be a good player for the team, i think it could happen, money aint going to be a problem and if it is a swap deal, mutu is the most likely to go.

and if he turns out to be as good as reyes as he is doing now, it would be well worth it. although, i think torres is more of a big foward with skill and stuff

havent watched spanish football in quite a while hehe

TRD

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Torres is looking a real good player and it would be a great move if Chelsea get him. With the money and the stars they have i can see this move going through....

new topics

join