It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealth Ability Neutralized!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I CAN SEE YOU F22!

radar detection has been always developing faster

Antey-2500

The Antey-2500 is designed to combat aircraft and tactical missiles, including ballistic missiles with a launch range of up to 2,500 kilometers. The Antey-2500 mobile complex, developed on the basis of the well-known S-300V [SA-12] air defense complex, is a new-generation system, capable of autonomous combat action. It can simultaneously engage 24 aerodynamic targets, including stealth targets, or 16 ballistic targets with a RCS of up to 0.02 meters, flying at speeds of up to 4,500 m/s. Improved characteristics of the radar information facilities and optimization of radar signal processing technics make it possible to combat high-speed ballistic targets with a small radar cross section. Antey-2500 can effectively protect an area of up to 2,500 sq. km and engage targets at altitudes of 25 to 40,000 m.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Cool, whats going to shoot it down when MISSLES == Neutralized!

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I dont know much about planes, but thats amazing.
Is it Russian?
Deep

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I wouldn't exactly say stealth has been neutralized. The F-22 is public knowlege. I can't imagine our government would be stupid enough to publish info on our latest stealth technologies. Maybe, and I do say maybe, because it hasn't shown it's self to be tried and true, that radar net could detect an F-22. But that was last gen, or gen before that. What about the aircraft we fly now? seriously doubt it.

We had spies who were capable of penetrating Saddam's inner circle and finding out where he was. We knew about this advance years in advance. We have countermeasures.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Yeah, we know about things twenty years after they've become obsolete...

It also sounds expensive, I doubt many countries would be able to afford it in numbers that would render it effective(besides US)

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamstone

It also sounds expensive, I doubt many countries would be able to afford it in numbers that would render it effective(besides US)

really?

[Edited on 4-12-2003 by SectorGaza]

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
And that small column is going to defend the whole of the russian country and it's allies from the US, which can strike anywhere in the world in a matter of hours?

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
And that small column is going to defend the whole of the russian country and it's allies from the US, which can strike anywhere in the world in a matter of hours?

that was china, russia got 2000+

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Thats been out for over three years. It's allready obsolet

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Really? Thats cool, dont know how missles are going to hit with 747 carry nose lasers protecting the little fighters.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   
2500km is a big enough radius, think about the size of the circle it creates. 2000 of these radars for Russia is definately adequate. Keep in mind you probably do not need these radars in the interior of a large landmass like Russia or China. Border placement that can then be moved inland is the only necessity.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
Thats been out for over three years. It's allready obsolet

you mean the s-300(which been developed from the 60s and has no counterpart), the antey-4500 is a downgraded s-400, the new gen russian SAM.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectorGaza

Originally posted by Dreamstone

really?

[Edited on 4-12-2003 by SectorGaza]

Purchasing power.
www.cia.gov

Rank Country GDP
1. USA
2. China
|
10. Russia

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Compared to russia, the US has an open military. Compared to china, russia has an open society. You say they've been out for 3 years. I say BS, they've been out for much longer, they've been made public in the last 3 years. The F-22 is our latest stealth fighter? I say BS, we have 2 maybe even 3 more generations more advanced then that. If, for some reason, we went into russia or china, and they had those radars on their borders, and we attacked only with F-22s, what would happen?

They'd know we were there, and they'd waste a lot of cash on missles missing planes which looked like they may be there, while bejing was celebratin the detection in flames.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Honsestly, we act like that money is nothing, think how much that is.... Its freakin ALOT, double china, and polyqadzuple Russia

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   

The success of stealth technology can be considered as such only up to the moment when it meets something more fresh than a 40 year old SAM. And even that antique SAM proved able to destroy F-117 in Yugoslavia. Modern SAM systems are DESIGNED TO detect and destroy low-RCS targets. Although there was no conflict yet where a modern SAM met a modern aircraft (Patriot vs USA/RAF doesn't count
, the results of numerous tests allow to safely say that whatever your fighter is, you don't want to get in SAM's range.

The S-300/400 are DESIGNED TO counter low-altitude CMs, medium-range BMs, high flyers, low-RCS and everything there is today. These systems are highly mobile - 5 minutes from the stop to missile launch for S-300, or almost nothing for an integrated system like Tor-M1.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:29 PM
link   
LOL, eversence this Weapon forum came up, its been 100% Flames

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:30 PM
link   
So you're saying the US never figured a system would come out after they announced the F-117 that would counter their stealth technology, so they simply accepted that some of their jets would be shot down when we invade?

You ever read the art of war? I'm sure our generals have, and you're not supposed to show your full hand to the enemy, or potential enemy, just the cards you want them to know about.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   
LOL I wish I had known about this website years ago, it's one of the funniest I've ever visited!

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Exactomundo, I mean, the US govt is even alowing people to know how the stealth was made, and pictures of the frame and shape? You think we would let it go so people can make it and catch up with us? No, we got better stuff. They even said they tested it 25 Years ago, thats a LONG time for that STEALTH.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join