It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolton Wanderers: Jussi Jaaskelainen set for new deal

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Jussi Jaaskelainen is ready to ink a new deal that will commit his long-term future to Bolton Wanderers.

The 29-year-old Finn has been linked with both Manchester United and Middlesbrough but Jaaskelainen is more than content with life at The Reebok Stadium.

''It's just speculation, I don't care about it,'' Jaaskelainen told the club's official website.

It is thought that the player will ink a new contract in the not too distant future, in a move that is sure to delight the Lancashire club's supporters.

''I still have two years left. I'm happy and my family is happy so I have to keep going,'' he continued.

''I'm hoping to sign another contract, definitely.

''I hope my best is still to come. I'm 29 now and, when I get to 32 or 33, I should be there.''

Skysports

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
he has turned down the first offer that has been offered

Skysports.com can reveal that Bolton goalkeeper Jussi Jaaskelainen has rejected the club's first offer of a new deal.

Bolton are keen to tie down the Finnish goalkeeper to a new long-term contract even though he still has two years to run on his current deal.

link

TRD

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Wy should he sign a new deal when he has 2 years left.

Bolton are most prob trying to get him on a cheaper deal. As if he waits another year he can hold them a bit to ransom and get a bit extra than what they are offering now.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
yer. what you are saying sounds right. he is a good goalkeeper though. i have often wondered if a bigger team would come calling for him

TRD

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Oh yea he is a very good keeper.

If Bolton want to show ambition they should sign him up real quick.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
they are being linked with another keeper. a guy from france. am not sure who there sub keeper is or this talk is just incase jussi walks away

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Bolton keeper Jussi Jaaskelainen has agreed a new three-year contract with the club, according to his agent.

There were doubts about the 30-year-old's future after talks stalled on a new deal last season but he is now expected to stay until 2008.

The Finland international's agent Peter Harrison said: "I can confirm Jussi has agreed a three-year deal.

source

top topics

join