It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackburn Rovers: Rovers consider Xavier

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Portuguese international Abel Xavier is training with Blackburn Rovers.

The former Liverpool and Everton defender has been looking for a new club since splitting with German side Hannover this summer.

Xavier moved to Hannover earlier this year after Liverpool cancelled his contract during a turbulent loan spell at Galatasaray in 2003.

He was linked with Portsmouth in October, but that deal failed to materialise and he is now understood to be trying his luck at Ewood Park.

Blackburn boss Mark Hughes is desperate to bolster all parts of his squad, but it seems his defence is his main cause for concern.

Skysports

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
not sure whats happened to him in the last few seasons, i think it was the world cup 2002 and he was in the portugal squad

"I played with Abel at Everton and he was a very good player. He has lost his way a little bit in the last couple of years but he's got the opportunity to come here and show us where he's at."

they will at least know each other and this might prove vital in getting a good deal sorted out between player and club. thats if hughes decides hes worth adding to the squad.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
the player seems pretty confident of a deal happening

"I've been told I will have an offer in the next 24 to 36 hours," he stated.

"I have nothing to prove and feel strong."

join