It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackburn Rovers: Minnows eye Djorkaeff coup

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
French minnows Entente Sannois Saint-Gratien have made an audacious bid to sign Youri Djorkaeff.

The 36-year-old is currently with Blackburn Rovers, whom he joined earlier this season after leaving Bolton in the summer.

His contract with Blackburn expires at the end of the month and it appears Mark Hughes will not be offering him a renewal.

SSG's major shareholder Luc Dayan has now approached Djorkaeff with the offer to play for the National League side.

SSG currently lie mid-table in the French National League - which is the third tier of football in France.

According to a number of French sources, Djorkaeff is ready to accept SSG's overtures and move back to play in his homeland for the first time since 1996.

Skysports

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
i have never heard of the team and to be honest, he not got much longer in him, i aint sure if finishing his career at this team would be a good move. i would have thought he would have wanted to go out with a bang

TRD

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I guess if he wants to finish his career in his homeland then thats cool. I bet they are offering him a few pounds to play lol!

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
yer. something must be tempting for him to consider it but it says 3rd division in france. i dont know half the teams in there top league lol

top topics

join