It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Wenger to quit in 2006?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   

After claiming Arsenal's tenth FA Cup triumph Arsene Wenger has admitted that he may 'look to new challenges' when the club are settled in at their new stadium.

The Gunners are due to move into the all-new Emirates Stadium for the start of the 2006/7 season in a bid to cement their claim to be one of Europe's biggest clubs.

However the move could also represent the end of a glorious journey for their French tactician.

link

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Hrmm not too sure about that one..

It will generate more money and give him more to spend. The challenge of winning the Champions league will keep him there and that should be for a few more years yet..

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
i think the key here is

Wenger

"When we go to the new stadium I feel it will have completed what I set out to do," Wenger told The News of the World.

was his target to remain at arsenal, build up a good squad with lots of promising players, they are soo much better a side than years ago and they have lost the boring tag of long ball game etc

it does sound like hes serisouly consideing his future, maybe he feels. new staidum etc etc its time for som1 else to come in, like a new era.

but for him to actually do it, i aint sooo sure, hes really commited to arsenal and i think he loves the club too much. and like you said Terminator, i dont think he will want to leave till he wins the champions league

[Edited on 5/22/05 by rynaldo82]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
He won't have a choice because they will never win the Champions League so he could end up dying trying!

I think he fancies a crack at the French job before it's too late, then back to Arsenal to sit on the board.

Sir

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I know alot of people don't like the man, but he has done wonders at Arsenal. Would be a big blow to them if he did go and who would they replace him with?

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
i think Wenger is great to be honest, finding players like anelka, vieria and wow! he made such a good team without spending and he still gets amazing young players

to me, i think it would be the perfect way for a new manager to take control if wenger quits on that scale

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   
But none of them have been English!

He is a good manager in that regard, I don't think he is very tactical astute though.

new topics

top topics

join