It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Bergkamp might quit?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Dennis Bergkamp has dashed Ajax's hopes of signing him by confirming he will retire in the summer if he does not secure a new deal at Arsenal. The Dutchman is in the veteran stage of his career but has had yet another consistent campaign in the red and white of Arsenal. The supremely gifted forward is approaching the final weeks of his present contract and has yet to be handed fresh terms.

LINK

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
He's not getting any younger and i think Arsenal will be looking to play him in a bit part role next season. He should get a new deal for one season, i don't see why not, he has been in great form..

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
i think he will stay for another season, him not at arsenal is hard to imagine, hes became a figure there legend.

the role he plays doesnt require the best pace on the pitch cos hes got a footballing brain.

he wont be a first team player most of the time but still, hes good enough to play and i think wenger will tell him so

Sir

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
How can they let him go? He most prob only has one season left in him. After the way he played last season he is worth one more year even if its just for the service he has done. The only problem i see with his career for the Gooners was him not flying to some of them important away games in europe.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
That made a difference in the away games for sure, he is class.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
yer, that has been a problem with him not playing in the euro away games overseas.

but they have been used to that since he signed so i cant see arsenal changing there minds baout him cos of that

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Looks like they are going to need to sit down and do alot of sorting out in the summer. Bergkamp should definatly be top of the list for a new contract. They can't get any money for him, he will retire if he doesn't get a deal.... As i said the way he has been playing he well deserves a contract and there looks to be plenty of life left in his legs..

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 04:51 AM
link   
It's good for the kids to train with someone like that as well, must be great watching the control and one touch passing.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
i guess people can say he is getting old, but hasnt there been stories that he has the best accelaration out of the team?

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I can't see that one being true, Ashley Cole is one of the quickest players in world football, even quicker than Henry who is like a bullett from a gun himself, Reyes and Clichey are very quick as well.

He put on a masterclass last night, Arsenal beat Everton 7-0!

TRD

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Yeah what a performance by Bergkamp, i will be shocked if they don't give him one more year...

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The Rumour doing the rounds is that Bergkamp will get a years contract but will only play in Champions league games home and away

TRD

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Well he won't be playing much then will he...

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeflonDon
I can't see that one being true, Ashley Cole is one of the quickest players in world football, even quicker than Henry who is like a bullett from a gun himself, Reyes and Clichey are very quick as well.

He put on a masterclass last night, Arsenal beat Everton 7-0!

am sure i have heard something like that being mentioned on sky sports by the commentators.

i read Ady Baby saying about berkgamp only going to play in the euro games. has he conquered his fear of flying?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
sounds like its close

Speaking before Sunday's final Premiership match of the season at Birmingham City, Wenger outlined what he expects from the Dutchman.

"Dennis is a star, but in the right sense," the Frenchman said at the press conference.

"That means with quality of performances and with his football, he can inspire all our young players and still play at the top level.

"We have to have an agreement between him and me and I want to tell him what I expect of him and he has to agree with that."

link

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Well he won't be playing much then will he...

Nah he won't be playing much only 13 games hopefully lol

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rynaldo82

i read Ady Baby saying about berkgamp only going to play in the euro games. has he conquered his fear of flying?

No he has not conquered his fear of flying at an educated guess i'd say if he is only playing Champion League games he would travel over land so there would be plenty of time to get to the away games mind you if Arsenal get a team from either Russia or any of its former satellite countries it would be a nightmare to get to over land

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
hehe... yer, i didnt think about that.

i guess the one thing about this would be... if he aint playing in the league, am sure he would feature every now and again, but for him to step into a big champions league match, not played for in the team for a while, it will be so much harder for him to come into the team?

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
It's a good point, I think if he does get another deal he will still feature in league and cup games.

I'm still not having the thing about him being the quickest rynaldo!
Could depend on the distance, but I'd beat him over 100m for sure.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
He will get another deal in my opinion, or at least he deserves it. To imagine, in which would be his testimonial year the last game ever at Highbury being Dennis Bergkamps testimonial

top topics

<<   2 >>

join