It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Reyes worries

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is reportedly facing a battle to convince Jose Antonio Reyes to stay at Highbury.

The 21-year-old burst into The Premiership last season after a £17 million move from Sevilla but has failed to reproduce such scintillating form this term.

Reyes was left out of The Gunners' midweek defeat to Manchester United following reports that he has become homesick for Spain.

link

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
real have confirmed they dont want him

Real Madrid have dismissed the notion they are plotting a summer bid for Arsenal attacker Jose Antonio Reyes.

Reports have suggested the Spain international is a target for Real but the club's general manager Arrigo Sacchi has strongly refuted these rumours.

Reyes was wanted by Real prior to his move to Highbury from Sevilla 12 months ago and the 21-year-old has been mooted as being on the club's wanted list again.

link

TRD

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Big surprise if he leaves, but if he wants to go home then i guess you can't stop him. I wonder how much they would get for him if he was to go?

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
when reyes first came in, wasnt there talk of him having problems with adapting?

i think he'll stay, he will be determined to prove how good he is.

he signed for big money, and i reckon he would leave for big money, not sure if it would be for more. in spain, i cant see any of the big teams wanting to take him right now

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Jose Antonio Reyes' agent has restarted talk of a possible transfer to Real Madrid by claiming his client would happily accept a move to the Primera titans.

Jaime Rodriguez insists that Real have been chasing Reyes since he first burst on to the scene in Spain, and is not surprised rumours of their interest have resurfaced.

Arsenal have admitted that the 21-year-old was suffering from personal problems off the pitch before Christmas leading to him losing form and becoming unsettled.

skysports.planetfootball.com...'+agent+in+Real+hint&channel=Football_Home

TRD

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Hrmm agents again stirring it up. When you hear these storys it always the agents comming out and saying it. In other words he has spoken to Real to see if they would take him and Reyes would happily go where the money is...

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
if this was a true story, i cant see how real would accomadate him, they have plenty forward attacking players

TRD

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Jose Antonio Reyes has been involved in a radio hoax in Spain, where he was tricked into admitting his desire to join Real Madrid. Spanish station Cope Radio pulled off the amazing hoax, by claiming to be Real's sporting director Emilio Butragueno. Cope Radio contacted Reyes's agent, who in turn informed the Arsenal man to speak to the pranksters claiming to be the Madrid chief.

During the conversation, Reyes admitted to life being 'not great' at Arsenal - confirming growing rumours that he is not settled in North London. Reyes later went on to say that he would be happy to join Real and that he had always dreamed of playing for Real Madrid. The Spanish giants had just denied reports of a swap deal involving Michael Owen moving to Arsenal in order to sign Reyes. The former Sevilla man had himself said that he was concentrating on winning things at Highbury, despite being flattered with Real's interest.

This latest stunt is sure to anger all parties, and Reyes is thought to be considering legal action against the hoaxers.

Skysports

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Arsene Wenger says that he is not worried about Jose Antonio Reyes saying that he would like to join Real Madrid during a radio hoax.

The young Spaniard was caught by a Spanish radio station, who phoned him pretending to be Real's sporting director Emilio Butragueno.

A bullish Wenger told reporters on Friday that he was not worried about the comments - insisting that Reyes could become one of the best in the world at Arsenal.

link

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Real Madrid's sporting director Emilio Butragueno has dismissed any talk of Michael Owen joining Arsenal in a swap deal with Jose Antonio Reyes.

Reports have been circulating that young Spaniard Reyes wants to return home after failing to settle in England.

Reyes has said that he is flattered to be linked with the Spanish giants, but has said that he is committed to The Gunners.

link

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Said in the paper today that he is unhappy and wouldn't mind moving back home.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
well. i think its possibly partly true, he must feel he aint going to wint a thing this year at arsenal, and for them, its bleak looking

though, he did say yes, i would be interested in this hoax, he admitted he would be interested, but then again, who wouldnt when its real calling

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
If we can trade Owen for Reyes, i think its a good bit of business personally. Although Reyes is a quality player, he has stuttered in form and feels unhappy in the current team. If we were to get Owen, a player who i still highly rate he could do good for us.

However, the odds of Owen coming to Arsenal seem bleak

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
yer, owen and henry up front, talk about having the fastest strike force around.

say reyes was to go, do you think owen would jump at the chance to move to arsenal if he was allowed to leave real?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has admitted that if Jose Antonio Reyes wants to leave the North London club he only needs to come and see him.

The Spain international was tricked into conceding that he was unhappy in London earlier this week and that he harboured hopes of a switch to Real Madrid.

French tactician Wenger does not want to keep any player at Highbury who might be unhappy and has left the door open for Reyes to make the first move.[/img]Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has admitted that if Jose Antonio Reyes wants to leave the North London club he only needs to come and see him.

The Spain international was tricked into conceding that he was unhappy in London earlier this week and that he harboured hopes of a switch to Real Madrid.

French tactician Wenger does not want to keep any player at Highbury who might be unhappy and has left the door open for Reyes to make the first move

link

Sir

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   
That wouldnt be a bad swop at all, Reyes for Owen. I would want cash aswell as Reyes was like 20 million. Reyes is not an out and out striker and nor is Henri so someone like Owen in the Arsenal side would be a great asset. Would he want to come back? Yes i would think so, he is sitting on the bench at Real and at Arsenal he would be first choice alongside Henri. What with Bergkamp retiring soon aswell they do need someone.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Arsenal star Jose Antonio Reyes has again stated his desire to play for Real Madrid.

The Spanish international was caught out by a radio prank last month and he was duped into talking about how much he would like to move to Real and that he was not happy with life in North London.

After a blistering start to the season, which saw him grab five goals in his first five games, he has become subdued and has failed to recapture any sort of form.

link

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Jose Antonio Reyes has again made clear his desire to sign for Real Madrid in the summer.

The Arsenal forward has been linked with the Spanish giants for the past couple of months having become unsettled off the pitch in England.

He was tricked into confessing how he would relish a move to Real during a hoax phone call on Spanish radio last month, but subsequently went on to admit openly his desire to return to his homeland.

link

TRD

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Arsenal striker Jose Antonio Reyes has admitted he hopes Real Madrid make an approach for him so he can end his "unhappy" spell in England.

The 21-year-old former Seville forward told Spanish newspaper Marca he has struggled to adapt to life in London and revealed that he would "love" to complete a move to the Bernabeu.

"It is obvious that when Real Madrid want a player, they get him. I hope now they are making an effort to get me, that they are watching me and speaking to my club and that Arsenal don't give them many problems," said Reyes.

LINK

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
yer. its stepping up and he wants out. hes good. and hes unhappy and playesr are never at there best whenthey aint happy.

does this mean owen is getting punted

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join