It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Viera - Real Madrid has nothing to do with loss of form

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Patrick Vieira has shrugged off claims that his dalliance with Real Madrid last summer has led to him losing focus and form for Arsenal. The France international, who was a Real target for several seasons, came within a whisker of joining the Spanish titans during the close season.

After weeks of speculation and reports he was to quit England, he ultimately had a change of heart and decided to stay at Highbury, declaring he was happy to finish his career with Arsenal. While obviously a huge fillip for The Gunners, Vieira has struggled to capture something like his best form this term, with boss Arsene Wenger suggesting the Madrid link had left him 'disturbed and disrupted'.

However, the 28-year-old has dismissed that suggestion and insists his relationship with Wenger and the club remains as strong as ever.

Skysports

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
am not sure whats the cause of the problem, hey if i did, maybe i would be manager, but it aint just veiria who aint doing as good as they can maybe do. a few players arent doing too well. and the keepeer situaitoin is bad.

TRD

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Yep, things seem to be affecting everyone although they got a good win today against Newcastle...

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
i think when they lost to man utd. it messed them up big time

Sir

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I think he needed to buy a few experienced players, not all youngsters.

top topics

join