It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Lauren wants contract

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
arsenal right back lauren is wanting a new longer contract if he is to stay

Lauren wants to commit his future to Arsenal, but only if he gets a better contract offer from the English champions.

Arsenal are understood to have offered Lauren a 12-month deal, but he wants at least a two-year contract.

Lauren has been tipped to move back to Spain - where he plied his trade with Mallorca - with his current deal due to expire in the summer.

The Cameroon star is desperate to stay despite being linked with the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona.

"My contract negotiations are ongoing and I am only interested in playing for The Gunners," Lauren told Sky Sports News.

"I've been linked with top European clubs, but I am only interested in staying."

Lauren is seemingly not in Arsene Wenger's long-term plans - hence the lack of a sizeable deal on offer.

Hatem Trabelsi almost moved from Ajax in the summer and he could again be a target come the end of the season.

Arsenal have also bagged Emmanuel Eboue from Belgian feeder club Beveren and he has now linked-up with the London giants.

Eboue, who could push Lauren for a first team spot in the next few months, signed for The Gunners on a four-and-half-year deal in November but had to wait until January for the transfer window to open before moving.

sky sports

[Edited on 1/2/05 by rynaldo82]

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
it sounds like he feels threatened for a place, i think lauren is good. maybe trabelsi is still on the cards, and he will only stay if his future is secure, at the minute, he dont sound convinced that the case

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
personally i would like to see Justin Hoyte given a chance to stake a claim in the squad, hes young up and coming and with a bit of time and a decent run in the side he could develop into a good little player

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
i think i have heard the name before, does he play right back? wenger does really well giving youth a chance so am sure if hes good enogh, wenger will give him a go.

i think he needs all the defenders he can get though hehe

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
yeh he does hes english (wahey!) and is a pretty decent player. I have a feeling for some reason Edu and Lauren will be leaving in the summer i dont know why its just gut instinct

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
yer, its looking like they both might leave, as soon as theres doubt these days, stories come out saying stuff, then they deny it, then in the end they leave.

maybe wit this guy they got from beveron, he already earmarked for that position. edu, there something going on in the 2 cases.

2 good players though,

TRD

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Edu will definatly be going for sure. Lauren was meant to have signed some pre-deal but nothing more has been said about it, so he still is an Arsenal player. I think he has a fair claim for a improved contract, he is paid alot less than some of the other players and he has been a solid enough player for them..

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
yer, what you saying TRD, it seems to be a problem with arsenal, lauren not getting a contract on par with some other players, same with Cole.

wonder if there is a bit of a problem there, am guessing its the french connection and big sol who get paid the most

TRD

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Campbell got huge wages because he went to the Gooners for free. But yea i guess there may be a bit of favouritism. Also paying the likes of Pires, Henry, Viera ect huge wages makes sure they don't leave and go elsewhere...

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
i seen dillys player she picked, justin hoyte got a game the other night, did he have a good game?

maybe that him slowly getting introduced to the first team

new topics

top topics

join