It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Edu in contract talks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has issued a stark ultimatum to unsettled midfielder Edu as the player deliberates over a move to Spain.

The talented Brazilian is out of contract in the summer and has reportedly been contacted by three of Spain's biggest clubs - Barcelona, Real Madrid and Valencia.

Edu, 26-years-old, has been stalling over inking a new deal at Highbury and Wenger feels it is now time to bring the matter to a close.

The studious Frenchman has given Edu until the end of the week to commit his future to Arsenal, or else leave the club in the January window.

''He signs in the next week or he goes,'' said Wenger.

''Nobody has come in asking for him but it doesn't mean there hasn't been any contact because we all know it happens.

''I think if he doesn't sign, why should he waste his time here? If he says no to our offer, he would go somewhere else now but we would expect compensation.

''It's part of football, I can live with that. At 26 he has to find the best possible deal and I accept that from any professional footballer, no matter what I have done for him.''

Meanwhile, Wenger has laughed off suggestions that Sol Campbell could swap North London for West, courtesy of a move to Chelsea.

The influential England stopper is in talks over a new deal at Arsenal and the Gunners chief is positive that Campbell will remain at Highbury.

''Sol took some stick for a while when he came here and, even if Chelsea were to take him on a free, I couldn't see him moving from Tottenham to Arsenal and then to Chelsea to face the same problems,'' said Wenger.

''And I can't see that Sol would move abroad, either. If he wanted to have done that, it would have been when he came from Tottenham to us because at that stage it was a choice between going abroad and Arsenal.

''As it is, we are nearly over the line on a new contract for Sol - that is 100 percent certain.''

sky sports

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a decison for edu is supposed to happen next week

Arsenal ace Edu is expected to make a decision regarding his future next week.

The Brazilian's future is up in the air with the midfielder having turned down the club's offers of a new deal.

Edu's current contract expires at the end of the season and he is now allowed to speak to interested foreign clubs.

Spanish trio Valencia, Barcelona and Real Madrid have all been strongly linked with the South American.

skysports.planetfootball.com...

TRD

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
About time they sorted it out, they are lacking in midfield. They should try to get him to stay or is he still injured?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
more talks of him and valencia

Valencia boss Claudio Ranieri is ready to pounce for Arsenal's Edu this winter - with rumours in Spain growing that the Brazilian has turned down The Gunners' latest offer.

Edu is looking increasingly likely to leave Highbury, with his current contract expiring in the summer - and Valencia are desperate to snap up the cultured midfielder.

The Gunners convinced another of their contract 'rebels' Lauren to seal a two-year deal this week, but will be less hopeful that they can find a similar agreement with Edu.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Personally i say let him go, hes acting a bit spoilt to be honest and although hes a decent utility player, flamini and fabregas and gilberto can fill the role

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
i think the major concern is, gilberto is injured, not sure when hes back and then its just the two young guys. its alot of weight on there shoulders and if they lose the league, which looks likely and finish up 3rd lets say, they will come in for stick perhaps.

i think he should go too, get some1 as quick as they can to replace him

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
That is very true especially if vieira gets injured/suspended.

Hey rynaldo ur picture is not working on my computer for some reason, just thought i would point that out

BTW likely to lose the league???
its not over yet!!

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dilly
That is very true especially if vieira gets injured/suspended.

Hey rynaldo ur picture is not working on my computer for some reason, just thought i would point that out

BTW likely to lose the league???
its not over yet!!

hehe. well. you are 2nd. am pretty sure wenger was saying arsenal can still catch chelsea today.

hmmm. it aint showing up for you? what do you see in the box? a red cross? its working fine for me

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
looks like its sorted that he will go

Brazilian midfielder Edu's exit from Arsenal is expected to be completed before the close of the transfer window.

Edu is poised to quit the Premiership champions this month after rejecting an offer to stay at Highbury.

The South American's present deal expires in the summer and he has been at loggerheads with The Gunners over an extension.

TRD

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Valencia would appear to be Edu's likely destination, with the midfielder claiming he wants to wrap up his move from Arsenal in the next 48 hours. The Brazil international has rejected all contract offers put to him by the Gunners board and seems set to depart in January, with Arsenal keen to recoup some of the 6 million fee they shelled out to Corinthians in 2001. Valencia have long been linked with the midfielder, but Che chief Claudio Ranieri muddied the waters this week when suggesting he would be prepared to wait to sign Edu on a Bosman in the summer.

Skysports

TRD

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Valencia and Arsenal are struggling to reach an accord over the sale of contract rebel Edu. The Brazilian star has refused to sign a new deal with the North London club, and Che are attempting to sign the player before the transfer deadline expires. However Arsenal are holding out for 3.5 million euros for the 26-year-old, who can leave for free in the summer after costing 6 million when he signed for Arsene Wenger's side from Corinthians in 2001.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
welll. no matter what they are gonna lose money on him. 3 and a half is good. i never realised he cost as much as 6

if hsi contract wasnt expiring, i wonder how much he is worth

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I am really disappointed in Edu I thought he was a littlle better as a person but hes just out for the money well he can go to Spain, Arsenal put him on the world stage and he should acknowedge that, he did not look the grade at first but has now finally come through to be premeir league player and now wants more. I really get mad at the players why sign for Arsenal in the first place when you dont have the passion and money means more then playing for the worlds greatest club

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   
am really disappointed in Edu I thought he was a littlle better as a person but hes just out for the money well he can go to Spain, Arsenal put him on the world stage and he should acknowedge that, he did not look the grade at first but has now finally come through to be premeir league player and now wants more. I really get mad at the players why sign for Arsenal in the first place when you dont have the passion and money means more then playing for the worlds greatest club

TRD

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I think its a disgrace to be honest.

Arsenal have treated him well and its only his greed and showing off that has kept him out of the side. There would be no way i would want him in the side now. The sooner they get shot of him the better.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
he wants to play, since he will be there till at least the summer now

Arsenal outcast Edu has pleaded with manager Arsene Wenger to start playing him again despite his contract wrangle.

The Brazilian looks certain to quit Highbury in the summer when his current deal expires having failed to reach agreement on a fresh one.

Wenger has taken a hard line by refusing to consider the player for selection while he refuses to sign a new contract.

skysports.planetfootball.com...'play+me'+plea&channel=Football_Home

Sir

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Wants to play?
He has got to be kidding, now Valencia didn't sign him he wants to play...

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
i guess its to put him self in the shop window, if he aint playing, no1 will see him in action.

though, i think wenger will give him chances as he needs all his players right now

TRD

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Yeah he has been out a long time...

Does his contract run out at the end of the season?

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
yer, am pretty sure it does, and he can go on a bosman

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join