It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Arsenal facing triple blow

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has confirmed that the Premiership champions head into the new season with major concerns over a trio of their top names.

England international Sol Campbell is a certainty to miss the season's opener and could be out for as long as six weeks courtesy of an Achilles injury.

Wenger's woe is intensified by the news that Thierry Henry will miss Sunday's curtain raiser against Manchester United in the Community Shield and could be ruled out until September.

Club captain Patrick Vieira, another player integral to The Gunners' title aspirations, has been ruled out for a further fortnight amidst intense speculation over his future.
link

Sir

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 04:38 AM
link   
If the lose Henry they will struggle. They always say one man doesn't make a team but Henry does.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sir
If the lose Henry they will struggle. They always say one man doesn't make a team but Henry does.

So if Henry gets injured, well Arsenal are going to get relegated thats what you are saying

what poppycock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Edited on 8/13/04 by AdyBaby]

TRD

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
LOL!

Well i'm guessing he meant winning the title.

Henry imo is a most influential player for the gooners but they have a great young player in Reyes and now Viera has decided to stay they are looking in good shape again for the new season. I think the league is going to be tougher than it was last season as some of the other teams have brought in some really decent players and there is not going to be too many easy pushovers.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I know i was being sarcastic

top topics

join