It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newcastle United: Next Newcastle Boss???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Who should take over the reigns at St James???

Roeder and Shearer are in charge temporarily, but who should take over full time?

The bookies odds are currently this...

Allardyce S 7/4 Warnock N 25/1 McLeish A 50/1
Shearer A 4/1 Le Guen 25/1 Reid P 50/1
O'Neill M 6/1 Hitzfeld O 25/1 Venables T 50/1
Roeder G 8/1 Jewell P 25/1 Waddle C 66/1
O'Leary D 8/1 Hughes M 25/1 Beardsley P 66/1
Eriksson SG 8/1 Keegan K 25/1 Gascoigne P 100/1
Bruce S 14/1 Pearce S 33/1 Ant & Dec 1000/1
Coppell S 16/1 Robson Bryan 33/1 Jimmy Nail 1000/1
Curbishley A 16/1 Robson Bobby 40/1 Geordie Dancer 2000/1
Dowie I 20/1

Link To Odds...

Id like to see O'Neil or Erikkson, but my money is on either Allardyce or Shearer!

Your Thoughts???

Mic
:party-smiley-018:

TRD

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Allardyce S - No chance, he wont leave Bolton.

Warnock N - He couldn't be tempted away by Pompey and Newcastle won't be able to either.

McLeish A - Possible

Shearer A - My Favourite to take over.

Le Guen - Possible

Reid P - Do me a favour.

O'Neill M - No chance

Hitzfeld O - No chance

Venables T - Possible

Roeder G - Big mistake if they do.

Jewell P - No chance.

Waddle C - Possible

O'Leary D - No chance, he is well settled in at Villa

Hughes M - Doing wonders at Blackburn, has something to prove there.

Beardsley P - Wouldnt get a job as big as Newcastle.

Eriksson SG - Possible, but will the FA let him take two jobs?

Keegan K - Even worse than Souness

Gascoigne P - No chance

Bruce S - Possible, but he is having a bad time at Birmingham.

Pearce S - Doing great at Man C, why leave now?

Ant & Dec - Why not? They would be great entertainment at half time team talks.

Coppell S - Not good enough.

Robson Bryan - Possible but hasnt achieved anything as a manager.

Jimmy Nail - Hrmm, say no more.

Curbishley A - Done well at Charlton over the years, but not sure if he would be the man for Newcastle.

Robson Bobby - Too old.

Geordie Dancer - Who?

Dowie I - Possible, but would cost a bit to prize away from Palace.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Allardyce S - Still gutted he turned it down last time!!!

Warnock N - Fair play...he wont leave.

McLeish A - Dont want him!

Shearer A - Put himself out of the running this morning.

Le Guen - Possible/Probably not

Reid P - *starts to chant* - Dirty Makem, Dirty Monkey Makem...

O'Neill M - I wish, waiting for either Eng or Man U job though.

Hitzfeld O - No Thanks

Venables T - Emmm...undecided.

Roeder G - He'll do fine as caretaker, more experience needed.

Jewell P - lucky season with Wigan, no thanks.

Waddle C - Wouldnt take him if i had to.

O'Leary D - Very possible but not sure he could do a good job?

Hughes M - Doing wonders at Blackburn, has something to prove there. (My thoughts too)

Beardsley P - F**ked up after bullying the youngsters, no chance.

Eriksson SG - Very possible, bollocks to the FA, O'Neil can take over?

Keegan K - A local hero...but not wanted back by most...including me!

Gascoigne P - Hell would freeze over first.

Bruce S - Possible, Geordie aswell - worth a chance.

Pearce S - Doing great at Man C, but never wanted to leave Newcastle...Possible soft-spot for the club?

Ant & Dec - Why not? They would be great entertainment at half time team talks.......*LMFAO* Good stuff TRD...lol

Coppell S - Not good enough.

Robson Bryan - Possible but hasnt achieved anything as a manager.

Jimmy Nail - *Probably get banned if i let rip on JN...lol

Curbishley A - Took time to do well at Charlton...Time Shepard wot give!

Robson Bobby - Would be welcomed back...but too old and Shepard is too proud to ask him back...

Geordie Dancer - Who? *You read my mind* - Do they mean that stoopid Anthony Hutton off Big Brother???

Dowie I - Possible, but would cost a bit to prize away from Palace.

Well theres my thoughts...But IMO, maybe its time to ask for Shepards head...He doesnt give enough time!
It took AF years to turn Man Utd round!!!

Mic

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Just listening to SkySports...

Shepard says MANY top names have already applied for the job, but he will wait until he is ready to decide and make sure that he picks the right man this time...The right man to take us back into the C/League!!!

Will post link when more becomes available!

Mic

[Edited on 3/2/2006 by MickeyDee]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I think a move for Terry Vegtables is most likely, som1 who will come in for 6 months and sort some stuff out

He has worked with Shearer before too, and at Newcastle, yuo need Shearer on your side

Dowie i think TRD said, would be interesting. I think at Palace so far, hes done a good job. And see similarites with him and Pearce at Man City

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
i think Shephard is saying..... am not going to rush getting a manager sorted and has hinted that Roeder and Shearer it is until the end of the season

TRD

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
They got their first win today in charge, but it remains to be seen how they do in future weeks. Its funny when a manager gets the elbow, it seems to give the team a boost if things was going bad when he was there.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I think they'll go for someone like Claudio Raineri...and why not, he's speaking fairly good English these days and the man is smart. I think he'd do well.....if he can understand Toons...

TRD

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
They are saying that O'neil is the number one target. I just cant see it myself. He gave up the game to care for his sick wife, and the state Newcastle are in it will take alot to sort that club out. Has O'neil got the time and the will to do it? I don't think so.... Anyways its always been touted about that he will take over from Fergie at Man U and if thats true it was sorted out a few years ago....

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
hehe... nah, i dont buy into the O'Neill talk.

Interesting one with Ranieri, am sure he has said he would love to ome back to manage in England.

And i dont think hes the type of guy whos going to stay at the same club for a while, like you can see him coming in for a year or 2.

I think Shearer would be problem here, i think he has alot of influence but i cant see an understanding between Ranieri and Shearer, and i think with Shearer retiring. It would be good for him to learn alongside another guy, but i see that being a problem here

TRD

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Shearer said he doesn't want the job, not even sure if he wants to go into management. Every job that comes up they all say, yea we want Martin O'neil...

Ranieri would be a mistake, the Toon dont have money like he had at Chelsea. They need a back-to-basics sort of manager. One that can build a side from some core players and get rid of the rest.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Theres a local Marriott hotel round here and ALOT of people witnessed both O'Neil and Keegan entering this morning!!!

If it was one person telling me id not believe it...but when people you work with phone you up and say they are standing watching O'Neil in the flesh...Well, im just keeping my fingers crossed...For O'Neil not Keegan!

Mic

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I don't think anyone on Tyneside would want Keegan, he has some bad habits.....

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
hmmm interesting stuff with the O'Neill bit MickeyDee

Newcastle are a big club, and its bound to be of interest to him. And they have potential, and i think he would make them a better team than Souness.

Still, i think its tooo soon at the moment. Maybe give it until the end of the following season, if no1 permenant is in.

TRD

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Alot of people will be linked with the, i have read a few articles saying that Keegan is one of the favourites now along with O'Neil. I would be surprised if O'Neil took the job as he will really have his work cut out to salvage their season.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
hehe.. i think Roeder it is until the end of the season.

Like, with this supposed interview, maybe O'Neil and Keegan are having a gay relationship
but with that, it might have been, will you take the job at the end of the season rather than the now factor

TRD

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Lol, well yeah if you look at it that way.. Why take the job in the position they are in, if the team still plays bad and stay down the bottom end of the table the fans will get on their back like they did with Souness.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
yip, i think with Roeder, if he does good hes put himself in the shop window for a new job.

if he doesnt, Newcastle have a fall guy who was never expected to do that amazing anyway

TRD

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
At the moment it looks like they are going to wait untill the end of the season before they appoint someone. Another way of saying that everyone knocked them back so far lol!

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
cough, cough....don't say I didn't warn you...

BBC SPORT 15/2/06
Former Chelsea boss Claudio Ranieri says he could be interested in the vacant manager's position at Newcastle.

The Italian has emerged as one of the favourites to replace Graeme Souness at St James' Park.

He told BBC Sport: "Newcastle is one of the best clubs in England. They are a good, ambitious team and that is very important for me."

But Ranieri, who has been out of management since last February, said he had not yet been contacted by the club.

new topics

top topics

join