It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newcastle United: Toon winning Parker chase

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Everton appear resigned to losing the race to sign Scott Parker as the Chelsea midfielder heads for talks with Newcastle United. The talented England international has been targeted by almost half of The Premiership with Tottenham, Wigan Athletic, Everton, Newcastle, Charlton Athletic, Aston Villa and Birmingham City all admirers of his talents. With Jose Mourinho prepared to allow Parker to leave in order for the former Charlton man to kickstart a bid to make Sven Goran Eriksson's World Cup plans, a 6.5 million transfer is being discussed.

LINK

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Would be a good signing and a step in the right direction for them.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
yip. he would add grit to the midfield and it does look like bowyer is off.. and newcastle can afford him too

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I really hope Newcastle get Parker.
He's a real talent and will still be going strong in the squad when our young starlets such as Milner and Taylor come of age!

Newcastle may be a tad weak at the mo but we have alot of young talent on their way up!

Fingers crossed we'll be sorted by the 2006/2007 season, get back to the Champions Leauge, and be challenging for the P/Ship by 2010!

:party-smiley-018:

TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Well they got their man. They signed him today and a good first signing for the new season.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
yer. i rate this as a good signing and hey. everton lost out just like they did with Forsell...

i think bowyer will leave now, and parker.. him and jenas in the centre?

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Newcastle boss Graeme Souness has expressed his delight at signing Scott Parker from Chelsea.

Parker is the first signing of the summer for Newcastle after he completed the formalities of his move on Wednesday.

Souness admitted he has been a big fan of the former Charlton man and feels he will prove to be a major success on Tyneside.

source

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
good signing, never got to show hios full potential at chelsea with limited opportunities i wonder why they wanted him in the first place, he didnt get a look in. But at newcastle he should in time have confidence to get going again like when he was at charlton

top topics

join