It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Painting the sky..(pics)

page: 34
<< 31  32  33   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke
Well that's gotta be a first! An atheist who actually recognizes that his philosophy is really a religion! Most atheists fight that notion, tooth and nail.

Cool!

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

Contrails persist. Live with it.

this maybe true. but they evaporate after a while and DONT spread out forming a blanket.
i am perplexed by your determination to pour scorn on the 'chemtrail therory. these 'chemtrails' for want of a better name, may be sinister. they may not. they may be for good or ill. And they sure as s*** are real and are layed down by aircraft. you can argue till your blue in the face pal, but you are only kidding yourself.
it just baffles me as to why you and 0ff the street are so god damn ignorant and scornful towards anybody who has the brains to actually seek answers to this subject.

the truth will out. and good shall prevail. as cliched as it sounds, its true.

apc

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by finch
but they evaporate after a while and DONT spread out forming a blanket.

Wrong.

you can argue till your blue in the face pal, but you are only kidding yourself.

There's no argument really... kinda like telling a child he will hit the ground if he jumps off a roof with an umbrella.

it just baffles me as to why you and 0ff the street are so god damn ignorant and scornful towards anybody who has the brains to actually seek answers to this subject.

the truth will out. and good shall prevail. as cliched as it sounds, its true.

The search for "truth" requires legitimate research, not naive gullibility. UFO.com is not legitimate research.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   

This maybe true. but they evaporate after a while

No they don't: They are ice crystals, remember? Ice does not evaporate, especially when the temperature is -40.

and DONT spread out forming a blanket.
Huh? Whyever not? Have you never seen natural Cirrus clouds, which turn into cirro-stratus, in exactly that way?

i am perplexed by your determination to pour scorn on the 'chemtrail therory.
You mean you have a THEORY? Cool! I've been debunking chemtrails for around 6 years now, ever since the hoax began, and you are the first person to say that there is actaully a theory out there. Would you please post it here for us?

these 'chemtrails' for want of a better name, may be sinister. they may not. they may be for good or ill. And they sure as s*** are real
They are? So how would I know if I saw one? I mean, what is the difference between a normal persistent contrail, and a "chemtrail". What paramaters would I need to look for to determine which is which?

it just baffles me as to why you and 0ff the street are so god damn ignorant and scornful towards anybody who has the brains to actually seek answers to this subject./quote]He he he... you mean "ignorant" as in actaully understanding the complex physics behind meteorolgy? You mean "brains" in the sense of syaing that ice can evaporate? Yeah right...
He he he...

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by StuartAllsop
Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke
Well that's gotta be a first! An atheist who actually recognizes that his philosophy is really a religion! Most atheists fight that notion, tooth and nail.

Cool!

The avatar was meant ironically, I wouldn't actually call atheism a philosophy let alone a religion. All being an atheist means is that you do not believe there is a god or other "higher" supernatural being. That's it. I don't think a lack of belief in one particular thing, no matter how important, can be a religion or a fully formed philosophy.

Atheists can quite happily believe in martian invaders, Nazis on the moon, the tooth fairy and that wrapping tin foil round your head will stop the CIA from making you eat Special K in the morning. They would still be atheists.

There are a certain band of thinkers, such as Richard Dawkins, who persue and argue the hard science/atheist world view with a evangelical fervour which could be argued as being religious in the loosest sense. However that does not mean atheism is a religion in it's own right.

I know this has nothing to do with so called chemtrails, but it is a lot more interesting debate.

[edit on 13/6/05 by FatherLukeDuke]

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Actually, ice does not evaporate, it sublimates. That is what causes “freezer burn.”

At 20,000 feet an above, however, the atmosphere is often supersaturated with respect to ice. Under these conditions, ice crystals don’t sublimate away, they grow.

Thus an aircraft engine that produces more moisture and adds microscopic soot particles to the air is doing nothing more than creating the conditions for the formation of long lasting ice clouds.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33   >>

join