It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newcastle United: Robert wants free transfer!

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Laurent Robert wants Newcastle United to let him leave the club on a free transfer after launching yet another broadside at manager Graeme Souness. The temperamental Frenchman seems certain to quit St James' Park in the summer due to his strained relationship with Souness. The winger appeared to signal the end of his Newcastle career on Sunday when he stripped down to his underwear and threw his kit into the crowd after the 1-1 draw with champions Chelsea.

LINK

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
hehe... its like a circus there right now, is any1 under control?

celtic have been linked with him but his agent said nah, aint happening.

if he goes on a free transfer, there is gonna be laods of teams going after him

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   
He is an utter muppett, they should put him in a hefty bag, hang him from the goal and beat hm with sticks.

TRD

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Souness is saying there is no way the Robert is leaving for nothing..

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
i think Robert is saying if he dont get allowed to leave hes handing in a request. him and souness just dont see eye to eye.

has he got long till his contract runs out

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I can't see him going for nothing, no matter if they don't like each other he is still a good player.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   
the good bit about this is..... he said when i am in the team, we win and when i aint we get beat, that must have really got to Souness. its pretty true though.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Sell him, he is a whinging biatch. If he's that bothered about the club then he would knuckle down and start playing the football he is capable of.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Spot on Terminator.

He is a typical Frenchman, lazy and ignorant.

Sir

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
You don't need players like him in the side. He thinks hes bigger than the club, which he is not. He has shown that he is a very capable player, but he doesn't seem that happy there and they don't seem happy with him and his comments.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   
If they hadn't paid so much money for him in the first place I think they would take a 2m bid.

TRD

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Newcastle winger Laurent Robert is currently mulling over Bolton's contract offer, but says he is also attracted by the prospect of playing for Portsmouth. The Frenchman seems certain to head out of St James' Park after slipping down manager Graeme Souness' pecking order - with a host of clubs in England and on the continent vying for his services. Portsmouth made an approach, as did French side Toulouse, but Bolton moved into pole position on Monday after being given permission to speak to the player by Newcastle.

LINK

top topics

join