It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newcastle United: The Toon looking at Faye

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
they are rumoured to be launching a bid for him

Skysports.com can reveal that Newcastle are planning a move for Portsmouth midfielder Amdy Faye.

Faye's future has been up in the air since Portsmouth revealed last month they would be prepared to sell the tough-tackling Senegalese star.

Birmingham, Bolton, Middlesbrough and Aston Villa have expressed an interest in Faye and now Newcastle have joined the race for his signature.

sky sports

TRD

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
It looks like Newcastle are preparing to enter the January transfer market again in a bid to land Portsmouth duo Aiyegbeni Yakubu and Amdy Faye. Freddy Shepherd has made contact with opposite number Milan Mandaric to discuss a proposed double swoop which could amount to 10million.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
i guess they are after faye due to butt getting injured. 10 million for the two sounds like good business. but if newcaslte flop and dont get higher. it wont go down well with the fans at all

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
well. the pompey chairman doesnt want to to that

As revealed by skysports.com, Newcastle United are closing in on the �2 million signing of Amdy Faye but Portsmouth are reluctant to allow Yakubu Aiyegbeni to follow him to St James' Park.

Midfielder Faye is on his way to Tyneside to help plug the gap left by Nicky Butt's injury setback after previously attracting the attention of other Premiership sides such as Birmingham City and Aston Villa.

Graeme Souness also views Yakubu as an ideal capture to beef up his attacking options but Pompey, who have already lost Nigel Quashie to local rivals Southampton, do not want to release another of their key figures this month.

skysports.planetfootball.com...

TRD

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Hrmm looks like they got Faye..

Portsmouth could really struggle beings they have let a couple of key players go..

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
thats what i was thinking there lol. quashie left, berkovic, looks like faye has gone, and perhaps yakuba,

there team will be weaker and i wonder who they will go for? am not sure if there is posts about them signing som1?

TRD

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I havn't heard of them signing anyone but if they are they better get a move on. Thing is if they are selling decent players who would want to go there?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
yip. i cant see them replacing to that standard that they are selling. is it just about money?

if they get a few defeats and no new players to boost the team, they are going to be in for a horrid time

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Faye looks quite a good player nd Pompey will surely miss him..

TRD

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Newcastle United have wrapped up the capture of midfielder Amdy Faye from Portsmouth. Faye successfully underwent a medical on Tyneside before putting pen-to-paper on a contract with The Magpies. The Senegal international is joining Newcastle for a fee in the region of 2 million and Magpies boss Graeme Souness is delighted with his new acquisition.

Skysports

new topics

top topics

join