It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Ideology!?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I'd just like to ask a question. (mostly for colonel) Do you believe in liberal Ideology(special interest programs, PC, racial/sexual equality, generally raising taxes) or do you just follow the dems because you hate republicans.(evil money-grubbing blood-sucking oil-mongering satanists)

Are you looking for a less corrupt government, or are you looking to follow them because you like their ideals.

My Ideals happen to lie just right of center, having a conservative bias on a few issues.(guns, Capital punishment, PC, Special interests) I do, however, agree with the dems on Abortion issues, excluding partial birth, and on racial equality issues. I don't go around calling people baby killer or racist/sexist.(unless they have killed baby, or have been racist/sexist to an extreme) I believe people should be able to do with their money as they wish. I don't want my money going to crack addicts, or welfare.

What do you believe?(try not to turn this into a 'repugnant' flaming party)

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 08:29 AM
link   
What? Did I answer it already? I just asked a question out of curiosity. I am wondering how the mind of a liberal works, but I don't expect I should find out.(I'll probably get my eyes burned out instead)

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner
I'd just like to ask a question. (mostly for colonel) Do you believe in liberal Ideology(special interest programs, PC, racial/sexual equality, generally raising taxes) or do you just follow the dems because you hate republicans.(evil money-grubbing blood-sucking oil-mongering satanists)

Are you looking for a less corrupt government, or are you looking to follow them because you like their ideals.

My Ideals happen to lie just right of center, having a conservative bias on a few issues.(guns, Capital punishment, PC, Special interests) I do, however, agree with the dems on Abortion issues, excluding partial birth, and on racial equality issues. I don't go around calling people baby killer or racist/sexist.(unless they have killed baby, or have been racist/sexist to an extreme) I believe people should be able to do with their money as they wish. I don't want my money going to crack addicts, or welfare.

What do you believe?(try not to turn this into a 'repugnant' flaming party)

I hate republicans for one. They are, in fact, evil.

I follow the Dems because I do believe in the liberal ideology. I believe that our society has progressed to where it is BECAUSE of liberal ideology, particularly with racial/sexual equality, worker's rights, unionization and the like.

In fact, the librealism can only move this country forward while conservatism brings it back, regresses the country into more barbaric evil times.

I believe that government's purpose is not only to "protect the border" but to help the less fortunate in society b/c not all of us have the same opportunities to achieve the American dream. I believe that the governement should support the majority while safeguarding the rights of the minorities.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   

(evil money-grubbing blood-sucking oil-mongering satanists)
flaming party)

That makes no sense. Republicans tend to be more religious(not satanism), which is why they are anti-abortion and anti-gay.

As for the other "sterotypes", they apply to all politicians.

[Edited on 12/5/2003 by Maverick]

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   
First off, thanks for posting Colonel. I was afraid I'd never get into a civil discussion with you.

(not totally your fault)

I hate republicans for one. They are, in fact, evil.

I agree in cases of extreme conservatism. The same goes for extreme liberalism.(though I don't really like the idea of liberalism at all) I do not, however, believe that I am evil.(I don't even believe in evil)

I follow the Dems because I do believe in the liberal ideology. I believe that our society has progressed to where it is BECAUSE of liberal ideology, particularly with racial/sexual equality, worker's rights, unionization and the like.

I agree that America has progressed because of some liberal Ideology. The racial/sexual equality was a very good Idea. I am sad that some of the conservatives opposed legislation to make things equal. I think progressivism played a big role in shaping America. Things can go too far though.

I don't want to see a country where one race or sex is favored or has it easier. This includes people of a different color than white, and women. In the military, for example, Women do not have the same physical standars as males. I do not believe women are always physically weaker than males, there are some who could probably kick my ass.

Then there are the people who play the race card to get out of things, or to purposfully hurt others. People that happen to be white have to be extra careful about what they say, so as not to be interpreted as racist. It happens all the time, costing most people their reputation and dignity.

In fact, the librealism can only move this country forward while conservatism brings it back, regresses the country into more barbaric evil times.

I don't agree that conservatism moves the country backward. I do agree that, about 150 years ago, people were pretty wrong. They did NOT treat everyone equally. I think a healthy mix of conservatism and liberalism could help bring this country forward. They should be trying to comprimise instead of dividing the country in half. That's why I think that everyone in the executive office should run on a seperate ticket. The president and vice president, for example, should be able to cooperate even if they are of different parties. But that will never happen because both parties are too afraid of losing control and having the other one snap everything away from them.

I believe that government's purpose is not only to "protect the border" but to help the less fortunate in society b/c not all of us have the same opportunities to achieve the American dream. I believe that the governement should support the majority while safeguarding the rights of the minorities.

I definatly agree that they should do more than protect the border. They've got to keep things running. They are the keystone to the pyramid that is America.

Not everyone has the same opportunities to achieve the American dream, true, some must try harder. Take me for example, I have been raised in a very poor area. The place is covered with farmers, mechanics, and factory workers, occupations that I really don't want.(nor do they bring in much money) I would much rather have a job concerning computers(software). I don't see much of a chance for me to achieve that dream, but I will try my best. My parents cannot help me, because the have enough financial trouble themselves.(they make a combined total of about $35,000 to $40,000 a year) I must try to achieve my dreams on my own, difficult but do-able. I just have to try harder.

The government should definatly safgaurd the rights of the minority. They are the loyal opposition. Without them, America would be a brainwashed nation.(like isn't already, but from TV, drugs, hollywood) We would just follow orders.

Am I wrong to think this way?

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maverick

(evil money-grubbing blood-sucking oil-mongering satanists)
flaming party)

That makes no sense. Republicans tend to be more religious(not satanism), which is why they are anti-abortion and anti-gay.

As for the other "sterotypes", they apply to all politicians.

True, but that's always what Republicans are called, satanists. Personally I am not religious, at all. I am still slightly against homosexuality though.(I mean, how can it be right?) As for my remarks, they were meant to be sarcastic.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
No, you aren't wrong for think the way you do. Its rather commendable if you ask me.

But, the repugnant side is evil in so many ways besides social issues. What I find is HIGHLY IMMORAL is that the repugnants favor companies over human lives. You can see it in the legislation from the "tax cuts to the rich at the expense of social programs for the needy, the gutting of environmental laws so as our world is polluted with flesh eating toxins (like mercury and arsenic) and the like, and the gutting of labor laws to protect the worker.

You can see it all over how they degrade the human individual for profit....then scream, Jesus Jesus" on Sunday. They lie on a daily basis.

They are satanic and they sicken me to no end. Are we clear on that, soldier? Good.

[Edited on 5-12-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I think both parties tend to do favors for companies, because that is where most of their campaign money comes from.(or could come from)

I like tax cuts. But, I believe they should institute more for the lower middle class.(they're killing us, I mean, seriously) A flat tax would be nice, but I don't see that coming, well...ever. I believe in 'trickle-down economics' though. Tax cuts do stimulate the economy, but I believe more should be given to the lower middle class who, basically, run the country. They are like the engine of America.

I think all polititions degrade individual people for profit. I think they are all in it 'for the money'. It's obvious, the country is run by the rich, do you think they want to get less money? I would say that the dems are geared more toward environmental and social issues. But I think organizations like PETA are just plain stupid. I mean, most of them have never been on a farm. And yet they talk about how animals are brutally slaughtered when it comes time for butcher. I believe many of the special interest programs are just siphoning money away from the hard working tax payers.

I can see where you would be sickened by Republicans, but I do believe that the same goes on with most all of the other parties.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Colonel

Why you so sure they are satanic??? What anyway does Satan have to do with all this? Can't they be normal greedy bastards ready to do anything for money?

What makes them so "satanic" ? (ROFL)

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
Colonel

Why you so sure they are satanic??? What anyway does Satan have to do with all this? Can't they be normal greedy bastards ready to do anything for money?

What makes them so "satanic" ? (ROFL)

Because they LIE all the time about everything. They LIE for lying sake. They commit murder, destroy the earth, and commit other crimes b/c its in their nature all the while destroying Christianity by praising Jesus on Sunday.

Evil sits comfortably in the body of the repugnant.

top topics

join