It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portsmouth: Who's gonna get the job?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I'd like to see Gerard Houllier as our manager.

Who do you guys think will get it?

TRD

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Thats a hard one.

I dunno how many managers would want to go their after the way Redknapp and Mandric carried on.

I don't even know who they have in the frame for the job...

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I read from The Sun that Swindon manager Andy King is the man Mandaric is thinking of as coach. yikes!

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Andy King? They have to be joking, they need a better manager than him..

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Who is in charge at the moment? It dont seem to be doing any harm, 2 straight wins in the league albeit a hiccup in the carling cup

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   
berti vogts hahaha

TRD

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The director of football they got in just before Redknapp left is in charge.

I guess they will get a new manager but i don't see who. Not much being said about it.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dilly
Who is in charge at the moment? It dont seem to be doing any harm, 2 straight wins in the league albeit a hiccup in the carling cup

Joe Jordan and Kevin Bond herlp Velimer Zajec pick the team.

TRD

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Former Croatia manager Otto Baric is reportedly Portsmouth chairman Milan Mandaric's number one choice to be the club's new manager.

The 72-year-old coach, in charge of Croatia at Euro 2004, is understood to have met Mandaric in the Serbian capital Belgrade this week, according to The Daily Mail.

The majority of Baric's club experience has been gleaned in Austria, where he led both Rapid Vienna and Salzburg to the finals of the Cup-Winners' Cup and UEFA Cup respectively.

He has recently been coaching at Austria Vienna, but his contract there has now ended and he would be available to Pompey immediately.

Sportinglife

WTF a 72 yr old in charge....

TRD

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Portsmouth could be set to play Southampton at their own game by appointing former Saints boss Gordon Strachan as their new manager.

Harry Redknapp this week made the opposite switch when taking charge at St Mary's Stadium just over a fortnight after leaving Fratton Park.

That move caused controversy on the south coast but Pompey chairman Milan Mandaric admits he would like to stoke up the fire even further by snapping up Strachan.

Sportinglife

Would Strachan go their??

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
woah. so it looks like its either a 72 year old or gordon strachan. i think football wise strachan would be the best option. but if he went there, then it really does stir things even more between both sets of supporters and clubs

if redknapp can do it, i dont see why strachan cant hehe, he would be available and could come in straight away, above all else though hes a good manager.

do you reckon if he went to pompey portsmouth, the fans would support him or would it be whats he doing here kinda feeling?

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Strachern does seem to make more sense the guy has experience in the premiership and steered southampton to a decent mid table position for the past few seasons

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
madaric admits strachan is a good manager, could he be the one

"We have interest in Gordon and anyone in football could not ignore Gordon's ability," said Mandaric.

"We have not had dialogue with Gordon yet. I think it is just speculation at this moment but anyone not interested in Gordon if available would be wrong.

"The man we're looking for will be young, ambitious, energetic and have a proven track record.

guess this young part TRD rules you out

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I'd like to see him as manager but...........................we have a good thing going with the tandem of Zajec and Jordan i mean we are playing footy i enjoy watching now O.K Harry Redkrapp was O.K but under him we never won away we never even drew away under him!

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
portsmouth have made offer for Dutch legend Johan Neeskens

Pompey chief Milan Mandaric has admitted he would be interested in talking to Southampton boss Gordon Strachan and reports suggest he has already sounded out Neeskens about the position.

Neeskens is currently out of work after being sacked by NEC Nijmegen just earlier this week.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
and strachan looks set for a interview too

Mandaric plans "some form of dialogue" with Strachan in the next two or three days as he overhauls the management structure at the club.

Strachan has been out of a job since leaving Southampton, although he has been regularly involved with the media

TRD

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Portsmouth chairman Milan Mandaric has dropped his biggest hint yet that Velimir Zajec will succeed Harry Redknapp.

Gordon Strachan was thought to be the favourite to land the job, however Zajec and Joe Jordan have done well after filling in for Redknapp.

Under the duo, Pompey are now four games unbeaten in The Premiership including away draws at Newcastle and Liverpool in their last two outings.

Mandaric is delighted with the players' attitude towards to the management team and believes Zajec has enough quality to replace Redknapp.

Skysports

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Personally i would like to see the current regime installed permanently.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
So what happens if they lose the next four or even six games?

TRD

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Portsmouth have given Gordon Strachan the weekend to decide whether he wants to replace Harry Redknapp as the club's manager.

The South Coast club have stepped up their search for Redknapp's successor at Fratton Park by holding talks with Strachan.

The former Southampton boss discussed the position with Pompey director Terry Brady on Thursday but has requested time to think over the role.

Skysports

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join