It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middlesbrough: Massimo Maccarone booked for return to Italy

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Middlesbrough's record signing Massimo Maccarone could be heading for home after the arrivals of Mark Viduka and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.

The 24-year-old striker, an 8.15million capture from Empoli in the summer of 2002, is being linked with a loan move to Fiorentina with his agent Paolo Fabbri suggesting that things could be tied up within a week.

link

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
looks like you where right, he is linked to parma

Middlesbrough striker Massimo Maccarone has revealed he expects to join Parma before the close of the transfer window.
Parma have agreed a loan deal with Middlesbrough for the Italian international as they look to partner him with Alberto Gilardino in attack.

link

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
looks like he finally off, he turned out to be a waste

Middlesbrough striker Massimo Maccarone has confirmed to skysports.com that he has joined Parma on loan for the season.

The Italian international has finally moved back to his homeland after Parma agreed a deal with Boro.

link

[Edited on 8/31/04 by rynaldo82]

[Edited on 8/31/04 by rynaldo82]

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Massimo Maccarone is set to go under the surgeon's knife this week.

The Middlesbrough striker is currently on a season-long loan back in Italy with Parma, and injured his knee last week in a Uefa Cup win over Maribor.

Parma have kept Boro fully up-to-date with developments, and the Teessiders have given their permission for the operation to go ahead.

Maccarone - who last week revealed his target of returning to the Italy squad while with Parma - is expected to be out of action for at least another month.

TRD

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Before he went to Middlesborough he looked a decent player, maybe he just couldn't cut it in the Prem. They went after the wrong man in my opinion, roughly the same age i think and played in the same u21 side was Perlo. That is who they should have got instead.....

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Excellent shout, they both looked good but Macca wouldn't have been my choice in a straight pick.

TRD

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Well they scouted that U21 game and then they signed him, he did score a couple of cracking goals before they did. But Perlo was the one who really shone and it proved it as he was upgraded within a few more International games to the 1st team and now you wont get him out of the side...

[Edited on 7/10/04 by TRD]

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
phew....i thought for a 2nd it was going to say he has booked a return back to england, lol.

perlo? i cant think who that is? am thinking pirlo who plays for milan?

TRD

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Yeah it might be Pirlo i might have spelt it wrong....

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:43 AM
link   
That's the one, he's developed from a promising youngster into a good player.

TRD

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I'm surprised there isn't alot of interest in him from the big clubs. I would try to sign him as he looks really good.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
He's at a big club.

TRD

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Yeah i meant the other big clubs in the prem....

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
he is stinking at parma and might be on the move again

[qoute]Middlesbrough's Massimo Maccarone could be set to move from Parma to Siena in the search for regular football.

Maccarone is on loan at Parma after becoming a peripheral figure at Boro, but has again struggled to capture a starting berth.

TRD

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Middlesbrough striker Massimo Maccarone has changed addresses in Italy after Siena signed the player on loan for the remainder of the season on Monday.

Maccarone, who moved to Parma in the summer following two disappointing seasons at Boro, has now joined a Bianconeri outfit desperate for goals.

Alongside Atalanta, they have scored just 11 times in 16 games - the lowest in the league.

The 25-year-old saw limited action at Parma because of a knee problem but he has returned to fitness and is set to play for his new club against Chievo on Thursday.

Sportinglife

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
this guy is getting served around teams like a meal on a dish through resturant tables lol

new topics

top topics

join