It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rongo�rongo Tablets of Easter Island

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   
This is the first time that i've came across this information relating to Easter Island and the tablets they found with ancient hieroglyphics.........they do look pretty wild!!! Be sure and take a look at the lunar calendar on the site and notice the way they draw a representation of a star.

Easter Island, also known as Rapa Nui or Rapanui, with its statues and with its unique writing system (known as Rongo�rongo), has provided such fertile breeding ground for various crackpot theories, from sunken continents to alien visitors, that a short introduction is necessary.

Easter Islanders are of Polynesian descent, and archaeologists concur to date their arrival around 400 AD. The island was stripped bare of timber by the eighteenth century. Yet in a letter dated December 1864, Brother Eugene Eyraud mentions the existence of hundreds of wooden tablets covered in hieroglyphics. Four years later, Monsignor Jaussen, Bishop of Tahiti, could only recover five tablets. Only twenty�one have survived, scattered in museums and private collections. The writing on them is extraordinary. Tiny, remarkably regular glyphs, about one centimeter high, highly stylized and formalized, are carved in shallow grooves running the length of the tablets.

www.netaxs.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Cool! I have been intrigued with the Easter Island conspiracy since a couple years back, but I hadn't been able to find too much on the subject, and that is good site, thanks for the link!

Good find!

-wD

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I read about these a while back....and it is true, there are some really....unusual things about the culture that used to be on that island....but unfortunately, I doubt anyone will ever know the rest of the story....

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
No prob WD
I just stumbled upon that site while i was reading and article on a university trying to make an optical reader to decipher egyptian hieroglyphics.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Amazing find!
Iv always been curious in the questions regarding Easter Island.
Thier should be more research towards its, im sure the answers will prove rewarding.
Deep

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 12:22 AM
link   
excellent find, i didn't know there were tablets found at easter island.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I've seen these before. I also heard that they might be a hoax. There's nothing else like them on the island.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 12:12 AM
link   
They translations have got to be fakes. There are no other examples of that writing anywhere but these stones. They wouldn't have any ides how to start translating the stones. It would take the equivalant of the Rosetta Stone to translate them and they don't have one. It's like the Atlantis tablets....fake!

top topics

join