It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Recoba and Davids staying at Inter!

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Internazionale owner Massimo Moratti has ruled out a January loan switch for out-of-favour forward Alvaro Recoba.

The Uruguayan has found first-team opportunities hard to come by this season with coach Roberto Mancini opting to use Adriano and Christian Vieri as his premier strikeforce.

Recoba has been linked with a move to Sampdoria when the transfer window reopens but Moratti insisted: "Recoba will not leave in January."

Another player struggling to hold down a regular place at the San Siro is Holland midfielder Edgar Davids.

But the former Juventus, AC Milan and Barcelona star insists he has no plans to move on.

He said: "I will not leave in January. I am only thinking about Inter."

Sportinglife

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
when you think davids and recoba cant get a game it shows you the quality of players they have.

recoba has seemed to dip in form of recent. you dont hear about him as much these days. but what a left foot he got. i think he will feature. new manager in mancini, and am sure he willing to let every1 get a go in the team.

with davids, along with him they signed veron on loan and also got cambiasso from real madrid. i think the same applies to him, he will get games. it just so hard to cement a place in a team like that.

but then again. thats what you call competition for places

TRD

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Before the season started Davids was linked with a host of Premier League clubs but he decided to stay. I guess he see's Inter as a better club..

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a update on davids as it seems there might be a rift between him and the manager

Edgar Davids' future at Internazionale is under a cloud amid reports of a rift with coach Roberto Mancini.

The Dutch midfielder signed a three-year deal with Inter last summer but has not figured heavily in the side so far this season.

In fact, Davids has played just 11 games in total the club this season and rumours are growing of an unrest between player and manager.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
and the sampdoria manager says its very unlikely a deal will happen

"I don't want to give illusions to our supporters," Novellino told Corriere dello Sport.

"I know perfectly well that the president is a realistic person and that it isn't easy to bring in Recoba.

"It would be a really difficult negotiation. But if you ask me, well, I'll take him running."

top topics

join