It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Real confirm Totti desire

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has admitted he would like to bring Roma star Francesco Totti to the Primera titans.

Speculation has been rife this week ahead of the UEFA Champions League clash between the two clubs that Real are preparing to launch a move for Totti and his team-mate Antonio Cassano.

Perez has now confirmed he would like to add Totti to the 'galacticos' already at the Santiago Bernabeu, and revealed he made a discreet enquiry last summer when Real bought Walter Samuel from the Serie A giants.

Skysports

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
totti is a great player, along with cassano although totti more the household name. not sure how they could sign another attacking player. i think they will need to make it 12 players on the pitch lol.

but i just cant see him leaving? its just like, can you see del piero leaving juventus. i think they mean the same for there respective clubs. no matter how much in debt roma are, i think they would hold onto him till it was bascially essential to sell.

i cant see him leaving either, being a hero there, he likes it. but you can understand real's interest

TRD

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Totti is now saying he wouldnt leave so yea Rynaldo you was right.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
but, we saying about him staying, it was the same with nesta when he played for lazio. he was lazio's home boy, the hero figure. never did any1 imagine he would leave but lazio turned rotten and he left for the big AC Milan.

but if roma lost totti, and there talk of cassano leaving sometime too. that would really finish them off. they would get a fortune for both but how do you replace players like that

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
i found a link with a interview with Totti, he says in it, he would not ever sign for juventus or Lazio but would consider abroad

"I'm not happy playing for a Roma team that is already out of everything by Christmas," the 28-year-old Italy international told Il Messaggero.

"I'm happy with the squad, but we are not playing the way I expected. And there are good reasons for that - three coaches in a few weeks is not the ideal preparation.

"Now I'm looking for assurances from the board. I'm not interested in my contract details. The most important issue is the project for the future. Without one there is no point in talking."

When asked where he would consider moving to, Totti ruled out Roma's bitter rivals: "I would never go to Juventus or Lazio - my first choice would be abroad."

link

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
its looks like cassano might have sparked rumours again

Antonio Cassano has reignited the rumours surrounding his Roma future by admitting he is open to a new adventure in the summer.

The Italy international is one of the most controversial figures in Serie A and has regularly been at loggerheads with his coaches.

He has endured another turbulent season at Stadio Olimpico and there has been repeated speculation that he will leave the club.

Cassano has refused to quell the rumours by declaring his intention to win silverware in the near future, be it with Roma or another club.

skysports.planetfootball.com...

new topics

top topics

join