It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Ranieri hints at Parker deal

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Former Chelsea manager Claudio Ranieri has hinted that he is keen to take Blues midfielder Scott Parker to Valencia. The 24-year-old was Ranieri's last big signing at Stamford Bridge when he made a 10million switch from Charlton Athletic in January. However, he has struggled to break into the first team under new boss Jose Mourinho, prompting press reports claiming he could join the Spanish champions on loan in January.

"I know there have been rumours saying I would like to take Scott on loan at Valencia," said Ranieri.

"But I don't think now is the right time to be talking about signing players.

"All I will say is that I think it is up to Scott Parker to decide his own future. Only he knows if he is happy at Chelsea and happy with the amount of time he is playing.

"Scott will know in his mind what he wants to do, if he feels he is unlucky at Chelsea he will make the right decision, I am sure."

Meanwhile, further press reports suggested that the Blues have agreed a 10million deal to sign Santos striker Robinho and then loan him to Portuguese club Benfica until he qualifies for a work permit. Chelsea have not commented on the story and other press reports claim the 20-year-old is in talks with PSV Eindhoven and Inter Milan.

4thegame

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
i guess ranieri has a lot of faith in parker, give it till january transfer market and if he still aint getting a game, a bid could be launched. one thing though, i think ranieri is having a bad time in spain and there is stories about him maybe getting sacked

TRD

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Parker is a great player and was doing really well before he went to Chelsea. Having a great time of it at Charlton and getting in the England squad.....Now nothing!

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
do you think playing in spain would affect his chances of getting a game for england, valencia are a top team, but, if he was a dud there, it would rule him out for a long time i think

new topics

top topics

join