It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Beckham apoligises

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
David Beckham has issued a formal apology after admitting he deliberately picked up a yellow card against Wales.
Beckham confessed he got himself booked so he would be suspended against Azerbaijan - knowing he would miss the game anyway through injury.

Beckham said: "I was asked a question and made a frank and honest admission to counter the negative speculation.

"I now know that was wrong and apologise to the FA, the England coach, my team-mates and all England fans."

In a statement, Beckham continued: "I have also apologised personally to my manager Sven-Goran Eriksson.

"The greatest honour in my career was when I was made England captain, there is no better feeling in football than playing for your country.

"I know that as captain you are in a privileged position and must always abide by Fifa's code of fair play, something which I have always done throughout my career. On this occasion I made a mistake.

"I hope that people will now focus on the match (against Azerbaijan) and cheer the team on, as I will be doing."

BBCSport

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
ok, let me get this straight, beckham scored a goal and then some guy comes in and breaks his ribs, a bit later beckham fouls this guy and gets yellow carded, how long was beckham playing with a broken rib? i have had broken ribs....they hurt.....REAL BAD, cant' even breathe, beckham has to be one tough guy to have the energy to foul someone with them, i can't imagine staying in a soccer (football) game with a rib injury....and to think of running just sets my teeth on edge

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
yer, he was going to miss that match anyway due to some sort of injury, although, i dont know all the ins and outs, but i dont think he really wanted to go there in the first place

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Either way it's a disgrace.

top topics

join