It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: barca mock man utd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
barcelona do a cheap dig about man utd for losing the battle to sign ronaldinho

Barcelona have mocked Manchester United over their failure to sign Brazilian star Ronaldinho.

United lost out to Barcelona for Ronaldinho's signature two summers ago as the Brazilian made the move to Camp Nou from Paris Saint Germain.

link

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
i think ronaldihno is a great player and really good to watch, i think he got player of the year in spain, or a similar award. to be honest, i think real madrid should have went for him instead of beckham.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Word on the Street (lol) :sport-smiley-019:

The reason that Ronaldinho did not sign for Man Utd was because of the way the club handled the buying of Klebson and the way they got rid of Beckham

Also the same reason he did not go to Real Madrid (its not all about the money) mind you whereever Ronaldinho went he would be getting well paid:sport-smiley-019:

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
He didn't go to Man U because of his silly demands and the club wouldn't meet them. He wanted year round air tickets so he could fly home, a private helicopter and car driver. All this is on top of 50% image rights, bonuses and normal salary. Kenyon wouldn't meet the club valuation when it went up again and they lost out.

The player took the easy option and went to Spain, more suitable climate, language and lifestyle, etc

He would have made the difference to Utd last terms and I would have broke the bank for him, but Super Roon and the boygod Ronaldo more than make up for it.

Real never made a bid for him and were never in the running. Anyone would have been better than Beckham was though!

TRD

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I would have busted the bank for sure to get him but by the looks of his demands he was taking the piss..

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Been a bit quite this year, Deco seems to be getting alot of the ball in the games.

new topics

top topics

join