It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Nedved to quit International Football

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Czech midfield ace Pavel Nedved is to quit international football to concentrate on his Juventus career.

The 32-year-old, name European Footballer of the Year in 2003, took a break from playing for his country recently so he could regain full fitness following a knee injury.

And he has now decided to retire permanently citing the rigours of Serie A.

Nedved also revealed his decision to quit was made easier by the criticism he received for taking the initial break.

Nedved won 83 caps for his country - the last of which came in the semi-finals of Euro 2004 as the Czechs went down to Greece.

He limped out of that game as the Greeks won 1-0 en route to winning Euro 2004.

link

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
thats a shame for the chezchs, he is a awesome player, amazing at passing, crossing, good attitude, like the model footballer. i guess its good news for juventus manager capello.

still, i think the chezchs have a good team and will continue to improve, alot of there players are still young

TRD

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I would have liked to see Nedved play in the Premier League. It's a shame none of the big teams tried hard enough to sign him....

[Edited on 25/9/04 by TRD]

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
i remember a while back there where huge rumours about man utd wanting him, and more recenlty due to chelsea's millions, they seem to be linked with him. maybe the only club right now who could afford him though

TRD

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Well he is 32, but he should be worth a few million. He can't be over the five mill range as someone like Owen only went for 8 or 9 million.

Would Chelsea need him though they have a sick amount of midfielders at the club lol!

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
hehe, yer good point, guess, they also have duff and robben for the wings

maybe in his last playing days he might be at the preimership? one place he wont be is scotland lol

TRD

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Yea someone like Bolton will pick him up, they seem to have a knack of getting players like him....

top topics

join