It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: Diouf accused of spitting again!!

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I just heard that Diouf spat at fans after he scored in tonights game against Bolton. Fans complained to stewards that he spat at them and the incident has been reported. No comments have so far been made by anyone if it is true or not...

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
gosh! lets hope for his sake it aint true, if it is, he is going to be hammered.

though, i think fans might start saying this sort of thing, say. he spat on the ground, and players do it all the time, the fans might be saying stuff, just to see if they can get him into trouble

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
If he's done it again I'll kick the # out of him myself.

TRD

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I guess we will find out soon enough..........

Bolton forward El-Hadji Diouf is at the centre of a new furore over an alleged spitting incident involving supporters of Birmingham City. The Senegal international enjoyed a productive evening at St Andrews but now faces the possibility of having his performance overshadowed by another spitting row. The incident occurred after Diouf had netted Bolton's opener, in a 2-1 win, with the player accused of spitting during his celebrations.

Birmingham supporters complained about the incident at half time and had statements taken by the club's stewards.

"Our steward reported the incident to Uriah Rennie at half-time but he said it was a club matter," said a City spokesman.

"He said it was up to us whether we wanted to take the matter further and as things stand at the moment we don't want to take it any further."

Diouf declined to comment on the incident, whilst referee, Rennie, took a similar line on the matter.

"I don't want to speak. I've got no view on it. Before I can speak to anyone, I need to get clarification from the Premier League," said Rennie.

It seems likely that video footage will be used by the FA in their evaluation of the incident, with Diouf having only just returned from a three game suspension after being caught spitting in the face of Portsmouth defender Arjen De Zeeuw.

Skysports

TRD

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Bolton and Birmingham have both declared the controversy surrounding El-Hadji Diouf's latest spitting allegations closed.

The Bolton forward was the subject of complaints from Birmingham fans due to an alleged incident during his celebrations after scoring his club's first goal in their 2-1 victory on Tuesday.

Complaints were made to Birmingham stewards at half time, and referee Uriah Rennie was informed of these by a Birmingham offical. Rennie then declared the issueto be a matter for the clubs involved, and it now appears that neither side will be looking to pursue the matter.

A statement on the official Bolton website declared that the two Premiership sides had come to the conclusion that there was no justification for further investigation.

Skysports

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
i guess they are saying he didnt do it, i think fans are taking a dislike to the guy, and he kinda brought it on himself. maybe next time he plays. tape his mouth lol

TRD

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
He was lucky he never spat at anyone. After the last time they will ban him for a very long time....

new topics

top topics

join