It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: Wolves

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Wolves boss Dave Jones will not hesitate to add another old head to his squad to help keep the Black Country club in the Premiership.

Jones brought Paul Ince and Denis Irwin into his team last summer and their experience in the game was the backbone behind their successful 2002/03 campaign.

Now the manager is looking to strengthen for the coming battle against the best teams in the land and he maintains there is nothing to beat time spent in football.

"I will certainly be considering taking players on a short-term basis," said Jones.

"I did it at Southampton when I brought in Carlton Palmer to keep things steady."

There were reports linking Wolves with veteran striker Teddy Sheringham, who has been released by Tottenham, but they have been shot down in flames by both Jones and the player's agent.

Jones has also rubbished rumours he is getting ready to sign full-back Rob Kozluk from Sheffield United.

The Wolves boss is determined to beef up his promotion-winning squad but insists there will be no major turnover of players this summer.

"The likes of Mark Kennedy, Shaun Newton, Nathan Blake and Alex Rae all have experience of the Premiership and that will be valuable to us," said Jones

TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Newcastle striker Carl Cort is one of Wolves' top summer targets following their long-awaited promotion to the top flight.

Molineux boss Dave Jones tried to sign Cort on loan last year and is ready to make a cash bid for the injury-jinxed 25-year-old in the next few weeks.

United manager Sir Bobby Robson has publicly supported Cort throughout his almost ceaseless injury problems in three years on Tyneside.

But privately, Robson admits the Magpies will listen to any reasonable offer made for a player who has provided little return on the �7m invested in him.

Despite Wolves' promotion, Jones believes he needs to add further Premiership quality to his strike force and remains keen on Cort.

Southampton have also been credited with an interest in the target man but only as a makeweight in an unlikely Newcastle move for their England international full-back Wayne Bridge.

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Sir Jack Hayward said he wont rush into
opening his cheque book.

TRD

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Sir Jack Hayward said he wont rush into
opening his cheque book.

Yep i agree with you their i cant see wolves making too many big signings they most probebly pick up a few free signings..

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I agree, they only have to look at Fuham and Man City, short term you might get success, but the key is to be stable in the division like Charlton and build over time.

I'd expect one big money signing and the rest as frees. I think Wolves will do OK in the Premiership.

TRD

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
They have some good experienced players and i dont think they will struggle badly...If they can survive your right they might be able to build on it and maintain prem status...

TRD

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Wolves boss Dave Jones has revealed he is closing in on his first signing of the summer.

Jones has yet to learn exactly how much he has to spend on strengthening Wanderers' squad, but is already lining up his main targets.

He told the Wolverhampton Express and Star: "There are a lot of things that moved on from where we were on Wednesday.

"But until people put pen to paper then I won't be announcing anything. What I will say is that everything is moving on and we are getting closer.

TRD

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Former Arsenal defender Oleg Luzhny is close to becoming the first close-season signing of Barclaycard Premiership newcomers Wolves.

The defender was having talks with manager Dave Jones at Molineux this afternoon and later underwent a medical, with the move set to be finalised on Monday.

The 34-year-old Ukrainian international recently came to the end of his four-year contact at Highbury.

TRD

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Wolves manager Dave Jones unveiled new signing Isaac Okoronkwo - then revealed that veteran stars Paul Ince and Denis Irwin were close to agreeing new deals at Molineux.

Nigeria international defender Okoronkwo, 25, has moved to Molineux from Ukrainian side Shakhtar Donetsk and should link up with former Arsenal defender Oleg Luzhny, who has agreed a move to Wolves but is awaiting a new work permit.

The duo should also be joined by Ince and Irwin next season after the former Manchester United pair helped the Black Country side end their 19-year exile from the top flight last season by winning promotion via the play-offs.

TRD

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Wolves manager Dave Jones reckons the capture of Portuguese international Silas will prove a snip at �1.5million.

The Molineux boss has agreed a four-year deal with the goalscoring midfielder who can play on either flank or through the centre.

Full name Jorge Manuel Rebelo Fernandez, the 26-year-old player will go by his Brazilian-style nickname of Silas during his time in the Black Country.

Silas can also boast of having played for Sporting Lisbon as well as in Spain before being picked up by Wolves from provincial Portuguese outfit Uniao Leiria.

I remember seeing this player a few years ago and he is quite something,If he can find some form from a while back he will be fantastic in the premier leaugue and will be a very cheap buy for Wolves...

TRD

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Wolves manager Dave Jones is close to the signing of two Cameroon internationals.

Midfielder Modeste M'Bami, 20, and goalkeeper Carlos Kameni both impressed in the recent Confederations Cup, with the former having flown to England for a medical which should confirm a �2million transfer from French club Sedan.

Kameni, 19, plays for Le Havre but would join the Barclaycard Premiership newcomers on loan for their first season back in the top flight since 1984, with a view to a permanent deal.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Wolves are in talks with Tottenham striker Steffen Iversen over a possible move to the Premiership newcomers.

The Norway international, who joined Spurs for �2.5m from Rosenborg in 1996, is having discussions with Wolves over a transfer to Molineux, Tottenham's official website confirmed.

Iversen, 26, is a regular for his country but only scored one goal for Tottenham last season, despite making 22 appearances.

TRD

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Iverson has been dogged by injury's at spurs and when he went thier he was being hailed as a teen sensation in my eyes he has done nothing at spurs and i hope for wolves sake a change will do him good if he moves....

TRD

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Wolves were holding talks with Italian star Dino Baggio on Monday over a possible move to Molineux.

The 32-year-old was in the Black Country meeting chief executive Jez Moxey and boss Dave Jones.

Baggio is leaving Lazio on a free transfer and landing his signature would be a major coup for the Barclaycard Premiership new boys.

TRD

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Dave Jones' hopes of making Sunderland defender Jody Craddock his fourth summer signing improved significantly on Tuesday night when the two clubs agreed a �1.7million fee.

Craddock is expected at Molineux on Wednesday morning for talks with Jones and Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey.

The 28-year-old was not one of the players identified by Sunderland boss Mick McCarthy as one whose Stadium of Light career was necessarily at an end.

But the Wearsiders' perilous financial position means they are not in a position to turn down substantial offers for the likes of Craddock, who joined them six years ago from Cambridge.

Sunderland issued a statement which read: "Sunderland Football Club has agreed a maximum fee of �1.7million for Jody Craddock who will travel to Wolverhampton tomorrow to discuss personal terms."

TRD

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Wolves have continued to recruit new troops for their Barclaycard Premiership debut by signing Henri Camara and Steffen Iversen.

Senegal forward Camara signed for an initial fee of �1.5million from French club Sedan.

Boss Dave Jones professed his delight over the signing which came on the same day as Jody Craddock was also unveiled to the media having finalised his �1.75million switch from Sunderland.

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Wolves boss Dave Jones expressed his delight after finally ending his transfer market frustration by completing the signing of Sunderland defender Jody Craddock.

Craddock completed formalities at Molineux following a successful medical.

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Wolves have completed the loan signing of Cameroon goalkeeper Carlos Kameni from Le Havre.

But Molineux boss Dave Jones will not be toasting his own new contract by signing Italian World Cup star Dino Baggio.

Jones - whose new three-year Molineux deal is "imminent" according to his agent - has ended his interest in the 32-year-old midfielder.

Baggio had flown into England last week for discussions over a possible one-season loan from Lazio.

Although Baggio left with an apparently favourable impression, Wolves have had no direct response from either the player or his agent since their return to Italy.

TRD

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Barclaycard Premiership strugglers Wolves have signed Brazilian midfielder Emerson.

The 31-year-old former Middlesbrough player, most recently with Atletico Madrid, has agreed to move to Molineux and the transfer will be completed providing he passes a medical and receives a work permit.

TRD

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Well the emerson deal fell through but...

Wolves boss Dave Jones toasted overdue success in the transfer market after landing former Aston Villa midfielder Joey Gudjonsson on a season-long loan.

Jones swooped for the 23-year-old in a deal which gives him the option of making the move permanent in May.

Jones was relieved to have secured the signing with the transfer deadline looming and a move for Brazilian Emerson falling through.

Jones said: "It took a long time to get the deal done and if it had all been smooth running he would have been here at the start of the week.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join