It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Bin Laden tape signals pending attack?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
3 December 2003--According to an outspoken Sheik in Saudi Arabia, a communication will be made on an Internet jihad site that will be transmitting information about a "planned assassination" of the Editor-in-Chief of a London based Arabic newspaper, the coming hit to the US, and will name the �martyrs� killed by Saudi forces. It is also being reported that Osama bin Laden will address the confrontation in Saudi Arabia, which appears to be related to our analysts' find of a tape by bin Laden that is purportedly in the hands of at least two media outlets. The talk of assassination is against Abdul Rahman Al-Rashad, the London based Editor-in-Chief of the Arabic Newspaper Asharq Al-Awsat.

He mentioned through sites ( jihad ) on the Internet, of the [withholding/clouding] of the transmission [release] of videotapes to Al Qaeda Network that will be forthcoming in a number of days, a videotape about the confrontations with martyrs in the Arabian Peninsula, and will include the names of those killed such as Yousef Alabidi and Abd Al-Elaah Al-Otaibi in the confrontations with the Saudi securities forces, in addition to comments by al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden concerning these confrontations.

In addition, he identified a new site ( jihad ) that was recently established and appears to be in close contact with "the rule" and transmitted through this jihad site are communications concerning al Qaeda's greatest hitting inside America itself, and he transmitted a statement to one of organization leaders (called the Yemeni Abu Assem), criticized him in the Arab newspapers especially in the Middle East that threatened the Editor-in-Chief Abdul Rahman Al-Rashed with assassination.

And being informed of the site of the Islamic general yesterday from a source inside the Al-Qaeda, that the mujahid completed the stage of preparation and readiness and that they started with the countdown for the execution of the attacks according to the suitable zero hour, and he confirmed that the next attacks the United States will cause them to lose the control over itself and they will lose the ability to contact and control their armed forces in Saudi Arabia and the Arabian Peninsula, saying: they deceive and Allah will punish the best of planners [head of command] .

www.hagmannpi.com...
www.hagmannpi.com...

I've been hearing alot about this upcoming tape. If it really does exist and it is indeed in the hands of a few media outlets why are they waiting to release it? Are these media outlets told when they should air the tape?

[Edited on 3-12-2003 by BeHeadR]

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Maybe it's my cynicism, but this kind of conjecture and alarm is exactly what I think bin Laden and his cronies want.

They want to ratchet up the fear and tension and make people afraid. Either by actual terror attacks, or done SUPER cheaply through the internet, by vague warnings and threats.

I pretty much ignore them. I figure Montreal is safe, and if it's not, I am not going to look over my shoulder every time I hear a car backfire or change my daily routine because of some imagined threat.

It's kind of like the morbid curiousity that people show when they drive by car accidents and rubberneck.

jakomo

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 01:54 PM
link   
On relatively few occassions do I agree with what Jak has said but guess what?
Today....add another one.
I fully agree with what Jak has said.....this continued 'crap' is like calling "wolf"...its getting old and only leads to de-sensitizing the people....
If "rich boy" is going to do something, then do it dammit, but those continued "cry wolf" calls are getting on my freakin' nerves.....
Where's the gun at anyhow......

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   
after about the third wave of threats, i stopped listening. nothing is going to happen, imho. they 'shot the wad' so to speak on 9/11. any terrorist cells left are too sparsly organized to heed the call, should it arise, and this time were expecting them. if something DOES happen, so be it. this is a war, if not in the most abstract sense, but it is war. people do get hurt. some die. what can we do but keep on living? OBL, if he is alive, is getting exactly what he wants in a sense... by instilling fear and doubt in the hearts and minds of citizens of this country, hes getting what he wants, one way or another.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Wow spoken like a bunch of true Bush minions. The funny thing is they aren't instilling fear in "the people". The number of people that read this and keep up to date with the terror threats is next to none (besides those of us on this board). So how are they instilling fear? Nobody (besides us) is listening to them. Very uneffective if you ask me.

Seekerof I do agree with the whole boy who cried wolf scenario. I will be the first to admit that most of these threats never materalize.

Forsakenwayfarer: "Nothing is going to happen, imho. they 'shot the wad' so to speak on 9/11. any terrorist cells left are too sparsly organized to heed the call, should it arise, and this time were expecting them."

Sorry but you couldn't be more wrong. 911 was a recruiters dream and there are more cells then ever now around the world. I can't find the link but the UN just came out with a report (I think yesterday) saying they are concerned about all of these new al queda recruits & that a biological/chemical/nuclear attack is a matter of time.

Its one thing if you want to ignore this particular warning, its another if you don't believe anything will happen at all. You must live in a bubble.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   
they cry wolf time after time until no one is listening then they hit us again. no one should be looking over thier shoulder all the time you should however be ready for the possibility of an attack

Forsakenwayfarer: "Nothing is going to happen, imho. they 'shot the wad' so to speak on 9/11. any terrorist cells left are too sparsly organized to heed the call, should it arise, and this time were expecting them."

we are not prepared for them. the people as a whole do not listen to the terror warning system implaced by the govt. the govt. is not ready for another 9/11 sized attack because unless they get a lead before it happens there is no way to tell if , when or where it will happen

[Edited on 3-12-2003 by tealc]

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeHeadR
Wow spoken like a bunch of true Bush minions. The funny thing is they aren't instilling fear in "the people". The number of people that read this and keep up to date with the terror threats is next to none (besides those of us on this board). So how are they instilling fear? Nobody (besides us) is listening to them. Very uneffective if you ask me.

Seekerof I do agree with the whole boy who cried wolf scenario. I will be the first to admit that most of these threats never materalize.

Sorry but you couldn't be more wrong. 911 was a recruiters dream and there are more cells then ever now around the world. I can't find the link but the UN just came out with a report (I think yesterday) saying they are concerned about all of these new al queda recruits & that a biological/chemical/nuclear attack is a matter of time.

Its one thing if you want to ignore this particular warning, its another if you don't believe anything will happen at all. You must live in a bubble.

wow, spoken like a true geniu... nevermind.
first off, OBL is fighting to keep himself alive, if hes even living. weve captured most of the higher ranking planners and leaders in their little group. the cells ARE in the usa, i know that, but can they organize themselves? can they actually pull something big off a second time? i say nay. if anything, well get small scale suicide bombings, and biological attacks. i dont see a chemical attack coming in the forseeable future. just as i dont see them becoming well enough organized to orchestrate another attack on american soil. not a chance in hell of doing it by the end of the year, and i would personally be suprised if they did anything before early spring. mind you, i could be wrong.

I can't find the link but the UN just came out with a report (I think yesterday) saying they are concerned about all of these new al queda recruits & that a biological/chemical/nuclear attack is a matter of time.

# the UN. the un was created for a purpose. that purpose has been outlived, and they need to be disbanded. the UN does nothing but meddle in places where they dont belong, and fail to enforce the 'resoloutions' they SHOULD be meddling in. either reform or remove. i say we get US out of the UN. pun intended.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 07:52 AM
link   
BeHeadR: "Its one thing if you want to ignore this particular warning, its another if you don't believe anything will happen at all. You must live in a bubble."

Okay, then answer me this. How many terrorist attacks have there been on U.S. soil before or SINCE 9-11?

How many Americans living in the States have lost their lives due to terrorism since 2001? 3,000 lost their lives on that day, and it's a tragedy. 3,000 out of, what, 280 million? Since then, and before then, NOTHING.

You have more chance of dying from the flu or from pneumonia than you have of being killed in a terrorist attack.

Sure I believe something may eventually happen, but I'm not about to change my lifestyle because I'm afraid that I might be collateral damage in a terrorist attack.

All these color-coded warning levels are pure BS.

But hey, stock up on your duct tape and your gasmasks and keep building your bomb shelter. Be a good little sheep and heed your government's vague warnings.

"An increase in terrorist network chatter has come to the attention of law enforcement and may be a signal for an imminent large terrorist strike ."

See, it's pretty easy to make that # up.

Your Constitution is being gutted for "security reasons" and meanwhile there have been NO attacks...

jakomo

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Jakomo

It seems to need more people than you and me to say it, but you say it with a logic and vehemence that cannot be ignored.

Terror alerts are crap, by definition.

So is the "war on terror".

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

Maybe it's my cynicism, but this kind of conjecture and alarm is exactly what I think bin Laden and his cronies want.

Not nealry cynical enough Jakamo. It's Bush and HIS cronies that want the terror levels up. In fact another terrorist attack would do nicely, help them get more freedom restricting laws in place. I accept the 'war on terrorism' as nothing more than as a way for Bush ( or the puppets that control him) to get what him/they want. Now I'm not saying that action should have been taken after 9/11 (even though it was allowed to happen) but the things Bush has done have simply made more hatred for America and thus more terrorism.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Jak, Masked Avatar, Earthtone, you've all said it well. This War on Terror is pure BS for sure. That's not to say there are no terrorists out there in the big, bad world. But the facts are more than clear for anyone willing to see:

1. The CIA and the Pakistani ISI created Al Qaeda.

2. After the Soviets were pushed out of Afghanistan, the freedom fighters, I mean, terrorists disbanded and went home.

3. Osama Bin Laden, a/k/a Tim Osman toured secure military bases to check out various weaponry. Cough, cough.. most AMERICANS cannot gain access to those bases.

4. The backstory began to be planted in the media regarding Bin Laden in '98 with the African embassy bombings. Then the bombing in the Yemeni port. How did Osama/Al Qaeda gain by that, anyway? hmmmm... Let's see, it worked wonders in making Bush look all the stronger than Clinton/Gore. Tough on foreign policy. He may have actually helped tip the election in Bush's favor, by making Gore look like a limpdick. Seems to me, Bin Laden would have wanted Gore in office, as Clinton had let Bin Laden get away at least twice. It stood to reason Gore would've followed in his predecessors footsteps.

5. In the weeks leading up to 9-11, A high-ranking General in Pakistan wired Mohammad Atta $100,000. Strangely, by coincidence, that same General just so happened to be meeting with our brave leaders in Washington on the day of the attack. What are the odds? He resigned and poof! Went away.

I could go on and on, but I won't. Our governement at the least, allowed 9-11 to happen. It is the Bush administration and the military/industrial/pharmeceutical/petroleum interests that have gained the most. Bush has near dictatorial powers - no - they ARE dictatorial powers under the Patriot Acts and his cronies are reaping ungodly profits. They now have complete control over the world's second largest remaining oil reserves and could crush Saudi Arabia at any moment to secure the number one supply, we have our military on every patch of the globe now - effectively boxing China in and OPEC is squarely in their sites in case they decide to go with the Euro.

These guys know that the way to rule is through fear. They hold this terrorism bu# over our heads constantly. The color coded index? Puhleeeze! What a joke. I believe Rumsfeld and his crew are the biggest purveyors of terrorism - whether they simply use dupes who believe themselves to be Al Qaeda or rogue CIA assets. They just blame it on Al Qaeda immediately and everyone seems to buy into it. Or most everyone. People don't even stop to think.. how could they know it's Al Qaeda? The dust hasn't even settled.

Look how uncritically the mainstream media has accepted and reported the governement's version of what happened on 9-11. That in itself should speak volumes. Trust me folks, within the mainstream media, investigative journalism is DEAD.

Bin Laden? Call me crazy if you want, but I believe he is what they call a Super Asset. I mean, think about it, Clinton could've caught him at least twice. Our military also somehow let him slip into Pakistan. Our government has done their best not to find him. And believe me, I have every confidence that our CIA can find whoever the fukk they want anywhere in the world.

new topics

top topics

join