It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science admitting to Male/Female brain differences?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Well the age old debate continues. But recently they are saying that there is 'surprise' differences between men and women!

(what happened to all that propaganda about how we are the same?)

anyways a good article and worth looking at.

So what comes next?

content.health.msn.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   
See girls??? When we reach home.. Leave us alone with the remote!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 12:34 PM
link   
LOL! Agreed Bandit.

Differences are good.

Vive la differance!

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   

researchers found 18 genes produced at higher levels in male brains while 36 genes were produced at higher levels in female brains.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
There are a number of other differences, and some of them aren't just structural, but chemical. The male brain usually produces less of two powerful chemicals, serotonin and oxytocin, than the female brain does. Serotonin tends to calm us down, while oxytocin may be related to bonding behaviors.

Duh..come on...as a man..I want to kill or f#@k it...hehe....there ya go. Females are calm...don't want to kill...and they are sentimental/bonding...where as a man just wants to "shag"...hehe. I knew this all along...not a big mystery.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
at least its out in the open now.

*grabs remote*

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   

researchers found 18 genes produced at higher levels in male brains while 36 genes were produced at higher levels in female brains.

Yeah, but we have a whole other head that does the thinkin' too!!!

BTW, the 18 "extra" genes have been identified as the genes causing...

1. obsession with shoes
2. headaches before sex
3. mood swings
4. "aunt flo's" visits (i.e. lunar cycle)
5. idea that by buying something you would never buy, "on sale", you are saving money....
6. general cattyness
7. the ability to walk with your heel 4 inches above the ground (guys just can't wear those things...)
8. the ability to multi-task
9. built in mommy instinct
10. big breasts
11. lactation
12. desire to paint face
13. fear of going to the bathroom *gasp* alone....
14. inability to "wait for a commercial"
15. (one that we're greatful for...) how cut, pretty plants can soften hostilities
16. insane cravings for chocolate and/or cheesecake
17. obsession with 'frilly' things
18. like of stuffed animals, past the age of 12....

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
ewwwwwwwwww good one gazrock

[Edited on 3-12-2003 by weeman]

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
BTW, the 18 "extra" genes have been identified as the genes causing...

1. obsession with shoes
2. headaches before sex
3. mood swings
4. "aunt flo's" visits (i.e. lunar cycle)
5. idea that by buying something you would never buy, "on sale", you are saving money....
6. general cattyness
(etc)

I've spoken to your Significant Other. Expect a visit from the re-educators.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Of course we're different!! The idiotic notion that our brains function the same, was just some moron's attempt to say "Anything you can do, I can do better."

We are supposed to be different to balance each other out. Can you imagine a world full of catty, hormonally minded men and women? Or a bunch of immature, testosterone powered women and men? AAARGH! It would be horrible.

I love the average guys ability to just relax and not let things fester under the skin for months. The guys I know at least, hardly ever fight and if they do, they FIGHT and then it's over with.

Believe it or not, we girls also have our good points, but they are usually the most apparent when no other girl's are around.

BTW, Gazrok, very clever!!

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I've spoken to your Significant Other. Expect a visit from the re-educators.

Hehe...

P.S.
Thanks Jez

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 07:17 PM
link   

This is something all of us were well aware of.

yes, THENEO, viva la differance. But I'll tell you whats next: The wars over which one is better will wage out of control.

And thats how WWIII will start.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 08:00 PM
link   
i dont think those kind of wars are fought with weapons

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   
definetly agreed the neo

differences......so what

it spices stuff up a little

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Actually, I don't see men and women as being that different -- though cultural expectations and cultural training changes this to a great degree.

Think of the men who get scoffed at for being "too feminine" (but who may be completely heterosexual) or the women scoffed at for being "too butch" (and may be totally heterosexual.)

I agree that wiring makes us different (men have more muscle mass, women are more adept at languages as a rule), we're really very similar in the ways we think and react. Because of culture and training and physical size, women's aggression may not be with fists but may be equally nasty and be verbal (malicious gossip, etc.)

But, put us on the other side of a computer, and with neutral names -- there are many here (particularly those out of the hormonal teenage years) that you couldn't identify their sex from what they post or where they're posting.

new topics

top topics

join