It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man manipulates weather with mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The subject says it all. Incidently, his book about this is mentioned in there. Anyone read it?

www.ncbuy.com...

Portland, Ore. (Wireless Flash) -- A geophysicist claims he was able to use mind control to stop a life-threatening blizzard.

Roger Hart lived through a life-or-death situation where he was hiking in Tierra del Fuego and was caught in a blizzard.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Ive tried to use visualization techniques to get people to do homework for me when I was in highschool, get people to bonk their heads of things, and many other things as alot of people do! When it actually works......its only coincedence.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Nothing new... Everytime I visualized cold weather and snow while in meditation (while I was in Holland). Cold weather and snow came in about a day time.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Hey Bandit,
How do you know it wasn't someone else manipulating the weather with their mind in the same town as you? What happens to the sky if someone wants it to rain and another wants it to be sunny? Overcast?
I'll be the first to say it:

HOGWASH

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   
So what??? It worked for me all the time...

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 02:11 PM
link   
No Bandit, I didn't mean that your particular story was hogwash, I meant that the idea that humans can control nature inherently is a crock. I believe certain people may possess a gift at something, being a natural, if you will. This Dr. says that all people have a wireless connection from our brain to nature and I just find that a pretty precarious statement to be making. How does he know? Weather changes on a dime in high latitudes, especially on an isthmus like Tierra Del Fuego. Blizzards come and go in the mountains. I still don't even approach the topic of what were to happen if you had two people sitting side by side with contradictory weather visuals. What happens to the weather then?

See what I'm saying? This is a pretty extreme notion.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
I still don't even approach the topic of what were to happen if you had two people sitting side by side with contradictory weather visuals. What happens to the weather then?

Fits quite well with the "many worlds" theory of quantum physics... Whenever an event or decision takes place, the universe splits, so every possible outcome occurs, but in different universes.

www.hedweb.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Yes I see how two people could result in two "future" weather patterns, but how is it decided who will control the weather in the universe that you pass through. Either way someone will be disappointed at the time. Although with two or more universes you reverse roles depending upon which universe you experience.

For example, You could not have the person sitting next to you wishing for sunny weather while you wish for rain. It rains but the other person does not smile because he/she knows they still got their way in another universe, they are depressed because they did not bring about the desired weather. In short what I am trying to say is someone will always be left out and so long as we cannot ALL control the weather that affects us it remains ambiguous to declare that we all have this ability.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   
anyone see that x-files episode?

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
So what??? It worked for me all the time...

If it worked for you, then it will work again. So make it sunny here......

As far as the many worlds theory goes. The many worlds theory is a theory that could never, ever, in any stretch of the imagination, be proven. Whether it is true or not. You live in this world, in this branch of your many possible lifetimes, and thats all that will ever matter.

[Edited on 12/2/2003 by Seapeople]

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   
if i were a bettin kinda guy, dont think i would bet on this guy. unless of course i knew what the wheather was going to be like and told him what to "control". i think its more of thing where he sat there until it rained and then "poof" he can control wheather. i mean this morning i was wondering where all the snow was. went to sleep (im sick) woke up and it was blizzarding out. dosent mean i can control wheather. just odd coincedence. that whole "other world" theory is very interesting. its kinda like that john titor thing. dont know if i beleiev in it but it does kind of make sense. great now im lost.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 12:51 AM
link   
[Edited on 4-12-2003 by yogibear]

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 12:53 AM
link   
This reminds me of the old native american custom of rain
dancing. Whenever they wanted it to rain this is what they would do.
Maybe I should try this whenever my lawn starts drying up.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Hey Everytime I think of Snow it Snows here in Canada.
But then again, everytime I think of rain it snows....Sunny day, more snow....Lighting.....even more snow......
Deep

join