It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxing: Wladimir Klitschko will fight American Danell Nicholson

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Wladimir Klitschko will fight American Danell Nicholson in Kiel on December 20.

The man known as 'Steelhammer' is still trying to knock his top-flight career back into shape after a shocking defeat to South African puncher Corrie Sanders back in March.

Klitschko not only lost his WBO heavyweight title that night, but also lost face and credibility after being hammered to a stoppage defeat inside two rounds by a man many in the trade considered well past his prime.

Klitschko scored a facile first round win over Fabio Eduardo Moli in his first fight post-Sanders back in August, and will be hoping to stop the slippery Nicholson and relaunch himself on the heavyweight stage in December.

With Lennox Lewis looking less likely to fight again with every passing week, Klitschko (and his brother Vitali) have every chance of realising their heavyweight dreams in 2004.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Wladimir needs to get his a$$ in gear and win his next couple of fights if he expects to have a shot at fighting for a Heavyweight title anytime soon. After Sanders wupped his a$$ and embarrased him he needs to win this fight in impresive fashion to make a statement.

[Edited on 27-11-2003 by Ocelot]

TRD

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Yep im looking for him to step it right up now being Lewis is off the scene its time for some of the fighters to be more dominant and take over the mantle..

I think he should run out a easy winner

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD

Yea probably, i dont know boxing too good but he will probably win.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by PACK ATTACK

Originally posted by TRD

Yea probably, i dont know boxing too good but he will probably win.

Never say never in boxing. Everybody thought he would beat Sanders easily and looked what happened. Thats why I love boxing. You can sometimes expect the unexpected.

Ben

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Yea we can look back at years ago to show that you can expect the unexpected....such as the Ali vs Foreman fight

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
i member seeing tha ton the ALi movie that was a great fight how he just stood there and took the punches and wore out foreman

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
o yayayayaya i love that movie he is the best fighter i like the part where ali is saying whats my name bitch wats my name

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sportsmaster
o yayayayaya i love that movie he is the best fighter i like the part where ali is saying whats my name bitch wats my name

Yeah while beating the livig crap outta the poor bastard LOL!!

TRD

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 06:18 PM
link   

That was great!!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD

That was great!!!!

I dont know whats worse..... getting your a$$ beat or the guy talking $hit to you while he's doing it.

[Edited on 29-11-2003 by Ocelot]

Sir

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Is Wladimir Klitschko good enough though after he got licked last time? Is there any decent heavyweights about right now that you could say would be undisputed world champion and manage to keep the belts for quite a while?

top topics

join