It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gen Tommy Franks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   
"[If that happens], the Western world, the free world, loses what it cherishes most, and that is [the] freedom and liberty we've seen fro a couple of hundred years in this grand experiment that we call democracy" General Tommy Franks, on his belief that if the United States is hit with a weapon of mass destruction that inflicts large casualties, the Constitution would likely be discarded for a military form of government.(quote from newsweek)
Terrorist attack with nuclear, biological, chemical weapon.

My APB(American Political Behavior) teacher also said that if there was ever a military take-over of the United States, it would probably be the startings of a civil war.

Do any of you remember that crazy guy john titor? Didn't he say there was a civil war in our near future(like 2005ish) Though, he said it was between the people in the cities and the people in rural communities. He did ,however, say that the military was involved.

Will soldiers be asked to kill their countrymen?

I'm not positive but don't they sign a small piece of paper now asking them if they would have a problem with that?

I just thought I'd post this to see what people thought.

Imagine you are Jewish and you are able to travel back in time to Germany in 1935. All around you are the patterns of thinking and action that will lead to a great deal of harm, death and destruction in just a few years. You have the advantage of knowing what will come but no one will listen to you. In fact, they think you're insane and the situations you describe could never happen.-john titor

Originally I wasn't a believer. Things seem to be falling into place neatly.

[Edit*I didn't know where to post this, I cannot get on to ATS* 2-12-2003 by joehayner]

[Edited on 2-12-2003 by joehayner]

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 10:35 AM
link   
And You've got to remember the odd thing with presidents. 1840-1860-1880-1900-1920-1940-1960

All were killed. 1980- Reagen had an attemped assassination. He was supposed to die.

2000-Bush-Guess who's next.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   

My APB(American Political Behavior) teacher also said that if there was ever a military take-over of the United States, it would probably be the startings of a civil war.

Yeah, that'd last a week... That would be about as effective as the situation in Iraq...there would be small daily attacks but they'd still be in charge... What the hell would the average citizen (even the militia groups) do against the US military??? Not very much.... Such resistance would be easily crushed. We've long ago passed the point where a civil war would even be feasible...

P.S.-The zero year bit is actually a fallacy if you delve into it closely

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 09:33 AM
link   
If a substantial amount of people were to revolt it would cause unrest among the ranks in the military. Soldiers don't want to attack their own countrymen. I believe many would abandon their ranks.(AWOL)

What if the people realize that the government will do as they say.(because we, the people, are in control of the government, right
)

I'll do some digging on the zero year...

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I lost a bet on the zero year bit once, hehe... I think that there were a couple presidents that bit it after they were out of office, and a couple of early ones it didn't apply to, something like that...can't remember who exactly threw it off...

For those who didn't know of it...it goes like this...

Any president who gets elected in a zero year dies in office (up till Reagan, but he did at least get shot...so he's thought to have broken the chain).

However, there's at least one that threw this off before this...(Benjamin Harrison comes to mind, but I'm not sure it's him...so likely wrong on that one)...

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
No, it wasn't Benjamin Harrison. He wasn't elected on a zero year.

Twenty-Third President
1889-1893
www.whitehouse.gov...

Though he did die in 1901. But that has nothing to do with it. You may be thinking of Harding. They are not sure if he was poisoned or not. Many believe it was his wife, but there is no proof.

I don't know if Reagen living breaks the pattern or not.
Read This
It's kind of religiousy, but I don't know.

top topics

join