It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxing: Audley Harrison

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Audley Harrison will head back to Sydney - scene of his Olympic gold medal success three years ago - for his next professional bout.

Harrison, who has won all 11 of his professional clashes since his success in Australia, will be the chief support bout at the WBA super-middleweight title showdown between Anthony Mundine and Antwan Echols on August 6.

Although Harrison's opponent has yet to be confirmed, his business manager Hazel Bruno-Gilbert said: "Audley is excited to have the opportunity to return Down Under."

The Briton will soon be heading to Big Bear, California, to begin his intensive training, before heading to Sydney for the bout towards the end of this month.

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I havent seen this guy fight yet. Im really looking forward to seeing him fight to see how good he really is.

TRD

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I knew i should have taped some of his fights..lol

Well Ocelot Audley is improving all the time and he is starting to look better than when he first became a professional.He has the size and the power but he is not a youngster and time is not on his side..

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Do you really think so? I`m think he is pretty poor but the last fight showed improvement so there may be hope. he reminds me a bit of Tim Henman I just don`t think he has what it takes...

TRD

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Well going on the current heavyweights if Audley continues to progress he has a chance against them,He has the size and power but the real test is when he fights someone decent...

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
can`t imagine him standing a chance against klitchko (sp). I`m sure he`d get murdered

TRD

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassini
can`t imagine him standing a chance against klitchko (sp). I`m sure he`d get murdered

Well thats what i mean put him in with someone half decent and see what happens...Audley has much better punching power than Klitschko,but lacks the experience for now...

TRD

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Olympic Super Heavyweight Champion, Audley Harrison makes his 12th professional outing on Wednesday August 6th at Sydney's Entertainment Centre, against former Australian Heavyweight Champion, Colin Wilson.

Wilson, who hails from Queensland, Australia will be Harrison's first southpaw opponent. He is 31 years of age and matches the `A-Force' in height at 6ft 5ins and weighing over 17 stone. His career so far spans over 10 years and his current record stands at 24 wins, 16 losses, 14 of his wins coming by way of knock out.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 01:50 PM
link   
He has improved, but has yet to be tested by a really solid fighter. Herbie Hide has been calling him out for a long time, maybe that would be a decent intermediate test of his ability.

As far as the big boys go, I don't give Audley too much of a chance.

TRD

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Audley Harrison recorded his 13th professional victory with a technical knock-out over Lisandro Diaz in Las Vegas.

The Brit won with 90 seconds left in the fourth round of the scheduled eight-round bout.

After a slow start, Harrison dominated Diaz throughout to secure the win.

He used left hooks to the body, followed by uppercuts and an overhand left to the head to send Argentine Diaz to the canvas. Diaz rose but could not continue.

Well his record is getting even better now,he needs a quality opponent to be taken seriously..

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Ive read a couple of things about Harrison but he needs to be tested before i make an opinion on him. He needs to fight some world class heavyweights before he is taken as a serious threat for a future heavyweight champion.

TRD

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I agree Ocelot but time isn't on his side so he better get a move on or his time will pass.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
I agree Ocelot but time isn't on his side so he better get a move on or his time will pass.

Yeah I hear ya. If he wants to make an impact he better step up and fight some tough competition so he can start opening some eyes among the fans of the sport.

TRD

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 05:09 PM
link   
See Audley always said he would take his time and improve with every fight which i think he has,but yes now is the time to fight a decent fighter and really make a name for himself or totally make a fool of himself lol.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
See Audley always said he would take his time and improve with every fight which i think he has,but yes now is the time to fight a decent fighter and really make a name for himself or totally make a fool of himself lol.

Lets hope he doesnt make a fool of himself. The Heavyweight division needs some good fighters right now.

new topics

top topics

join