It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mig-I 2000

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectorGaza
if you look at the history of fighter aircraft development in Russia, they always tried to stay behind the US on purpose. Most Russian fighters were responses to US fighters
jumping in the lead costs too much

Yes Sector, I wholeheartedly agree with what you have said in regards to the "jumping in the lead costs too much".....its really not the "jumping in front part" that is entirely expensive....its production of numbers to constitute being in the front and the cost of maintaining those technologies that allow you to be in 'front', but overall, its the maintaining and keeping that 'edge' or being in front that costs so much or is so expensive.....
Thats probably why the US's military budgets and R&D is so high...IMHO.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 3-12-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Also found this:
"In May 2002, Sukhoi was selected as prime contractor for the next-generation Russian PAK FA fighter programme. The PAK FA will be a development of the Su-47 but without the forward swept wings."

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 06:55 PM
link   
thanks for the info seekerof!

Is there any other info people have about this mig?

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
there are no pictures of the pak-fa released, venik said he might take pak-fa concept from a journalist in russia..

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   

there are no pictures of the pak-fa released, venik said he might take pak-fa concept from a journalist in russia..

damn i want to see some more info about this cool mig!

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Between Seekerof, Russian and Sector Gaza this could have been a Research Project... Lotsa great info here guys!

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Looks like an interesting thread. (I've been away too long!) Too bad the swept wings are not going to make it to the final design. Diamond wings seem to be the rage these days!

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:00 AM
link   

its just concept art of the mig-lfi, here is the iran shafagh stealth aircraft: (maybe it will be something like this)

they are making it with MIG

i guess we will find out more in MAKS-2005

[Edited on 2-12-2003 by SectorGaza]

[Edited on 2-12-2003 by SectorGaza]

Look at that - a lenticular centrebody and narrow chord wings. VERY interesting!!! Nicely concealed engine, too.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

Originally posted by greenkoolaid
Maybe some of the engineers at Northrop or McDonnell Douglas got pissed their idea wasn't chosen and sold the plans to the Russians.

Its a shame the YF-23 won't be produced, such an awesome jet and the only 2 are sitting in storage at Edwards Airforce base.

The mig does look differnet though.

look at it.

its more smooth

more probably stealth.

Its not a stealth aircraft, stealth aircraft can't have any
right angles on them.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   

its just concept art of the mig-lfi, here is the iran shafagh stealth aircraft: (maybe it will be something like this)

they are making it with MIG

Looks almost like a single engine F-18, with the hood and all.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Iran: Is working on their version of the Mig I 2000 in the form of the "Shafagh"....

India: Is working on their version of the Mig I 2000, called the "Pak-Fa"....

Sounds like the big black guy on Stargate SG-1 pronouncing something in his native language!

Sorry about that....couldn't help myself!

[edit on 1-4-2005 by Ohio_Ron]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   
why did you bump a 2 year old topic?

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
This design has nothing in common with Mikoyan. It is Mukhamedov design. For more info see:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sukhoi S-55 joined LFS [ljogkij frontovoj samoljot] competition. For diagram see:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And how real Sukhoi T-50 PAK-FA will look like:
www.hitechweb.szm.sk/fightersSF04.htm

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join