It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats Your Thoughts On Vampires

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   
As I have seen through time, there are true vampires. But they're of the humanna state. Has anyone else seen the mist-form vampires or any that could truely fly? I've seen such things late at night, but never any other time.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Do you abuse drugs? Im guessing late at night?

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 01:21 AM
link   
That's the best time to use drugs!!!

But seriously, I've seen some wierd # too but, I never chalked it up to vampires.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I've heard that some places around the country were vampirism is not a little hearted matter such as in the city of new orleans. But just because things go bump in the night and you may see some things at night, may not all lead up to vampires. maybe it's just some kids being idiots. I really have no idea where I'm going with this.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 02:36 AM
link   
If you want a slightly realistic vampire conspiracy, read up on Vampire: The Masquerade from White Wolf. And burn your Anne Rice while you're at it.

DE

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Bats in Mexico, Guatamala and Belize
Leeches (everywhere there's water)
and Lampreys.

But that's about it.

hrxll

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morbid
As I have seen through time, there are true vampires. But they're of the humanna state. Has anyone else seen the mist-form vampires or any that could truely fly? I've seen such things late at night, but never any other time.

If I could choose one "classic" monster to be real, it would be Vampires...I think they'd be fun to hunt...

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
My thought on vampires.
Fake. Or just crazies/druggies.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Viral infection. Sun allergies. Need for transfusions. There is a disease that mimics much of "das wampyr".
Porphyria, an allergy to sunlight that causes exposed skin to burn, blister and scar. In extreme cases symptoms can include migraines, nausea, vomiting and chronic pain. Some sufferers can even stop breathing.

From The American Porphyria Foundation

Treatment and Prognosis: PCT is the most treatable of the porphyrias. Treatment seems to be equally effective in familial and non-familial PCT. Factors that tend to activate the disease should be removed. The most widely recommended treatment is a schedule of repeated phlebotomy (removal of blood), with the aim of reducing iron in the liver. This actually reduces iron stores throughout the body. Usually, removal of only 5 to 6 pints of blood (one pint every one to two weeks) is sufficient, which indicates that iron stores are not excessively increased in most PCT patients.

If this disease has existed for hundreds of years,
maybe the symptoms and treatments were similar in the "Old Country". Just my theory.

[Edited on 12-2-2003 by darklanser]

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
QUIT watching T.V. you are rotting your thoughts.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   

[Edited on 12-2-2003 by darklanser]

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   
OoO-We got another Morbid around here...

Things that I wouldn't do to taste your blood

Gimme dat blood!

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I dont believe in Vampires at all. Maybe there are some freaks out there who think they are vampires though...

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Nevermind then... I see people like me (yes vampires) have no place here. I'm not a drug addict nor have I been placed with any mental disabilities. Everyone thinks we're crazy. Also Vampire: The masquerade is nowhere near true vampirism. But tehn again, most of you don't believe in them anyway. I bid you farewell, and if any of you disbelievers are attacked one night by someone who makes you believe in vampires, don't say Id din't warn you that they're real.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   
People with a preference for blood and violence. Many of the legends over the years gave tribute to supernatural powers due to the fear and mystery created.

It falls under the first rule listed below.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morbid

My cousin claims she has had close encounters with vampires, her friend is one of the chosen to combat the vampires. she only sees them at night and she lives on the edge of desert.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I dont really think your a vampire, but what many see at night are loose energy forms that take shape in their consiousness.

Im kinda tiressss

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I suppose that it is possbile for vamps. to exist. But, it is highly unlikely.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
When you kill them, they don't really turn to dust like on Buffy.

The District Attorney seems to think the ones I killed weren't even Vampires though. So I think he's probably a vampire too.

ID

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   
People will often see what they want to see. I suspect that many of those who have "seen vampires" simply want to so badly that they often misinterpret what they are seeing. I have stated on many occasions that there in no possible way for a sub-race of humans with all of these advantages to exist and go unnoticed. Not to mention if they did exist why would they not simply take over, it is a question of evolution. There may be people out there who have allergic reactions to sunlight, there may be those who require frequent transfusions, hell there may even be those with both, I simply do not believe that there is any disease that would allow for flight or super human strength, not to mention the ability to morph into bats at least one-tenth of their original size. I am not completely discounting these things existence I am simply saying that the odds are not in their favor. If these things are real however and take over tomorrow or is someone gives me proof I would be more then happy to eat my words.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join