It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How manny times should you have died?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 01:31 AM
link   
almost drown in the ocean, wave hit me from behind, riptide pulled me out, i dug my hands in the sand to try to slow the pull, it worked. jack daniels claimed my life when i was 15, i think i died a couple times that night. drank a litre in about 15 minutes, after getting piss drunk off bud & absolute. never drank jd again,never will. every day is really a near death experience some way or another.
eating alone you could choke, fire when u sleep, collision w/outtacontrol mac truck, random shooting, trainwreck. dangerous world!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   
almost forgot terrorist attack, i was there on 9/11, coulda been on 83rd floor of tower 1 but my work schedule from the day before spilt over to the 11th so i was spared. if i was there i would have been in the at&t phone closet at the time & might not have been aware until too late. good thing i procrastinated the day before.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Every time I go out on my street luge. That thing is damn fast, if I hit something I am dead. The equivalent of jumping off a 6 story building.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 01:44 AM
link   
6 million ways to die, only a handful of ways to be born.
if death is imminent, it cant be all that bad can it?
I'm not rushing it but the afterlife has always fasinated me providing its a paradise heaven.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 01:54 AM
link   
3 years oldfell in glass bottles and broke my head very badly.

16 gpt smashed in the head with a lock(for being Russian)and rushed to the hospital for hella stitches

last year on nov 24 totaled my car and taken to the hospital

this year on nov 24 totaled my car and for thanksgiving layed in the bed thinking my neck is falling off!

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
You are dead.

The human brain could not withstand a temperature of 114 F.

I would like to be the first to welcome our first (that I know of) ghost member.

114 F is 45.55555555555556 Celsius (45,55..) 42-43 Celsius will kill anybody.. as your white cells (cells or whatever.. white something..) will cook like chickens eggs..

You really must be dead..

I think that the limit is 42,x ..

That one cant survive..

And that will kill all cells in you..

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I don't know if 114 is survivable or not, but brain damage usually occurs at about 108. It is rare for an infection to cause a temperature over 106.

A fever is the bodies way of fighting off infection. Most bacteria grow at an optimal temperature, typically the resting temperature of the area of the body they infect. The body raises the temperature to make it harder for the bacteria to live and reproduce. It is unlikely the body would raise its temperature to a point where it could have brain damage or death over an ear infection. Most fevers over 108 are caused by heat stroke.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I think the human maxium body temperature 108-109F. I hit 105, and I was delerious for days. I shoulda been in the hospital.

DE

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 02:21 AM
link   
42 Celsius is 107.6 Farenheit..

Link!

Over 108 and one is gone with the wind..

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire

Originally posted by TheCatalyst

Originally posted by Sapphire
Did i mention i was a Cat in another life?

How would you know that you were a cat in previous life?

errr, Because the life before that, I was God

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 09:19 AM
link   
i dint have a goddamned infection i had somthing wrong were some wierd as dark liqeud would drian out my ear, so when i would sleep on my side, i would wake up with a half a teespoon of this wierd crap..

after they finaly figerout i had to have surgery, they put tiny plugs in the hole or whatever

then i had to have speacal ear plugs when i went swimming for about 4 years

now, anyone here can tell me what the hell that liqued was?

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 10:35 AM
link   
okay, so Dmsoldier isn't sure about the acutal Temp.
we've done a good job at pissing him off...

remember.. he is only 16 years old though....

just an observation...

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Umm...well...strange topic...but...CANCER!!...fun fun...dysplastic nevu. In other terms..means that I have abnormal cells all over my skin...if one gets out of hand...DEAD!! Just gotta keep going back to doc and have skin chopped off every once in a while. What's really weird...the doc laughs as he does his surgery...just giggles away..and "ploop"..there goes more skin.

On the paranormal topic...hrmm...I had cardio meningitis (infection of the heart) about 10 years ago...doctors had no clue what it was...ended up lying on the floor...no being able to move...my mother came in...carried me to my car...and I drove myself back to the doctors....no kidding. The docs pumped me up with antibiotics and fluids...about a week later..I was fine.

About every time I get behind the wheel of my car in this insane city...someone for sure is out to get me...driving a car is gambling with your life...when the numbers don't go your way...LOOK OUT!!

Had pneumonia a couple times when I was younger...ran about 104 degrees.

Been in surgery a couple times...you never know if your going to come back into the real world...eh?

I've had organ failure...and full body siezures...that's another score for the Grim Reaper.

But...all in all...feelin' fit as a fiddle...no real fears of death...everyone dies...yaknow?

[Edited on 2-12-2003 by xenongod]

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   
the doctor lost my heartbeat while i was being born, and they werent sure if i was going to be stillborn or not. obviously not, but still, its quite possible my heart was not beating for a moment or two there. i dont look back on too much and think 'hey i could have died there'... well probably because not too many times have i been close to death.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I've actually been dead twice. Once during surgery once in an ambulance ride to the hospital. The second time they quit trying to resesitate me and I sat up on my way to the mourge (That's what the nurse told me). I should have died countless times besides that.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join